By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eternal Darkness trademark

HigHurtenflurst said:
justiceiro said:
I bet on then realeasing a hd colletion just to avoid to lose the ip.

Not sure a single game can be called a collection

Having said that, I would robably buy a graphically updated remake as that was the main drawback of ED versus REmake

Im pretty sure there was 3 games, the first one on n64

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
justiceiro said:

Im pretty sure there was 3 games, the first one on n64

no there is only one, the one on N64 is the same as the GC which never released on N64 :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Fusioncode said:
The first one didn't sell very well, and it's spiritual successor failed on kickstarter twice, I don't think the IP is worth very much anymore.

the reasons I see why it failed was because it was an episodic game plus Dennis being involved

personally I wasn't interested because of it being an episodic game

That was the first kickstarter, the second was a normal 8-10 hour game. But yeah Dyack was probably a big reason why they failed. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well... two choices. Either they make a new game, or finance that failed kickstarter game from the creators... or these people will be able to give the kickstarter another go, with the official Eternal Darkness titles in a few years.

Really, if Nintendo is willing to finance the wonderful 101 and Bayonetta, why not finance a new Eternal Darkness when the developers clearly wanted to make a new one?

Nem said:
Well... two choices. Either they make a new game, or finance that failed kickstarter game from the creators... or these people will be able to give the kickstarter another go, with the official Eternal Darkness titles in a few years.

Really, if Nintendo is willing to finance the wonderful 101 and Bayonetta, why not finance a new Eternal Darkness when the developers clearly wanted to make a new one?

The original developers aren't very popular anymore. In fact they're downright hated. 

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Nem said:

The original developers aren't very popular anymore. In fact they're downright hated. 

Well, things didnt go well with lawsuits and all that. But, a new company is a new company. These creators are not silicon knights anymore, and they did have a very good project to show on their kickstarter. I think that that rep is exactly the reason why they couldnt get the funding for it, but that the game looked interesting, it did.

Nem said:
Fusioncode said:
Nem said:

Well, things didnt go well with lawsuits and all that. But, a new company is a new company. These creators are not silicon knights anymore, and they did have a very good project to show on their kickstarter. I think that that rep is exactly the reason why they couldnt get the funding for it, but that the game looked interesting, it did.

Yeah it looked pretty good, but I didn't donate because they already screwed me out of 60 bucks with Too Human. I just didn't trust them anymore. 

They should do this as soon as possible. I've said it some time ago, Nintendo has to start getting exclusives in more niche core genres, just like the horror genre, which is pretty much extinct on Sony and MS consoles. They should shower Shinji Mikami with money so that he makes a couple of games for Wii U. They should follow it up with space shooters like Rogue Squadron, maybe make a MMO space shooter about privateers. Just bring back the things that were awesome, but you no longer get on PS4One.

Nintendo doesn't stand a chance at beating Sony in Sony's game, so they have to play their own one.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

whatever happened to Sillicon Knights

That would kick ass. Lets see what happens, they teased something like it a year or so ago and then it dropped off the face of the planet. Lets see if Nintendo is capable of a good decision for a change.