60fps 289 56.34%

Results 65 12.67%

Total:512

1080p is my choice, I have no issues playing at 30FPS if its steady

I usually get both on my PC though ^_^

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
disolitude said:
1080p@120fps on a 120 hz monitor please :)

In terms of those 2, 60 fps wins easily.

You cant even feel that.

Overkill in refresh rate lol.

Anyway 1080p, lower graphics. 60fps

Sure you can. Look up 100s of YouTube videos discussing why 120hz is better than 60. I know that I can easily tell the difference...

I'd go 60 FPS, I like fluidness. Still, if a game runs at steady 30fps it can compensate it as long as it has good animations. I remember Dead Rising looking fluid as f*ck just because the way Frank, the zombies and pretty much everything and everyone moved. Another example could be L4D2. The animations were so great that even at 30fps it looked extremely fluid pretty much all the time.

kupomogli said:

As long as framerate is 30fps with no frame drops then I'm fine with it.

I'd rather a game be 720p with better graphics than worse graphics but able to push 1080p.

So if 720/30 can get us better looking games, I'd take that over 1080/30, 720/60, and 1080/60. 

Sometimes I wonder why people rationalize things this way?

Imo  I consider particle effects to be dumb as hell, but you do know that a 1080p image will always be cleaner. No jaggies is always good.  And they're are a variety of effects you can maintain in 1080p at that res.

Long as you dont have shitty ground textures, and is clean/pretty to look at you're good.(Having good character models is also important) You dont need any more than that. Its better for meshing and interacting with the environemnt as well.

toastboy44562 said:
SvennoJ said:

60fps, still looking good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbRL_v97qbE
(embed seems broken)

is that a wii u game??

Xbone.

And is using all the Power of the Cloud!

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Imo  I consider particle effects to be dumb as hell, but you do know that a 1080p image will always be cleaner. No jaggies is always good.  And they're are a variety of effects you can maintain in 1080p at that res.

You still get jaggies at 1080P depending on screen size. (I.E. 4-5" screen it's far less pronounced.)
I still notice "jaggies" at 1440P and that's on a 27" panel.
If it wasn't so expensive for me to apply crap-tons of AA, I would.

Consoles generally only use morphological Anti-Aliasing because it's so darn cheap, results be damned, still, 1080P vs 720P, it's going to be obvious which is going to have less jaggies, but to state you don't get any is pretty false.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Clean image quality

And by jaggies I mean deformations and chromatic blending, less so for visible polygons.

LIke say the big stacks of meet in Monster hunter with its meh models.

But the game does have nice sscenery and detail in the environment textrues. But the ground textures are ugly as sin. (ones with grass and the like stone much less so)

60 fps, but devs prefer graphics, that's why 60 fps hasn't been the standard in console gaming since the 16 bit days.

JoeTheBro said:
jonathanalis said:
According what I have studied, no one can notice a framerate higher than 60 FPS.
I dont mind 30 FPS games, although it is locked.

720p is great in my 42", i have to stop the game and search for details to see the difference between 720p and 1080p. So 720p is good enough for me.

Guess I don't exist :(

Or you are a super human.

vivster said:
I say if this were really next gen this wouldn't be a question.

This....

I remember being promised 1080p as standard in the PS3 days, now PS4 is here and I'm still supposed to be impressed with 1080p 60fps.