By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac...wow...

Out of the two, I prefer Naughty Dog's games, but Insomniac sure has the technical side of things down pat.

I can't wait to see how awesome Uncharted 2 looks. Or a J&D using the Uncharted engine!

Around the Network

Yeah it takes something special to be releasing AAA games at the rate that they are doing at the moment.

>Yeah it takes something special to be releasing AAA games at the rate that they are doing at the moment.

hmmm, I wouldn't call them AAA yet. R1 was definitely an AA game, and so is R&C, I like to reserve the word "AAA" to game that is easily GoTY winner. Maybe MGS4 will be an AAA game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
NYANKS said:
I'm liking Insomniac more and more. They have to be among the best (if not the best) American developers. I like Naughty Dog too. :)

well, it's hard to NOT like Insomniac, the marker of 2 of PS3 best games, Resistant and R&C.

Here's some developers I absolutely adore

Insomniac
Naughty Dog
Enix Square
Team ICO

and the last two has yet to come out with the games they are making, It's going to be a nice year. ;)

You dont like Level 5?
Or have you just not heard about them?
Level 5 is a great developer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
kingofwale said:
NYANKS said:
I'm liking Insomniac more and more. They have to be among the best (if not the best) American developers. I like Naughty Dog too. :)

well, it's hard to NOT like Insomniac, the marker of 2 of PS3 best games, Resistant and R&C.

Insomniac
Naughty Dog
Enix Square
Team ICO

and the last two has yet to come out with the games they are making, It's going to be a nice year. ;)

You dont like Level 5?

Being a HUGE Jeanne D'arc fan, of course I have. but I really don't know enough about White Knight to comment much about their ability to program for PS3

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
iclim4 said:
kingofwale said:

Insomniac
Naughty Dog
Enix Square
Team ICO

You dont like Level 5?

Being a HUGE Jeanne D'arc fan, of course I have. but I really don't know enough about White Knight to comment much about their ability to program for PS3

Oh my bad, I think I misunderstood.
I though you meant developers you adore in general.
Did you mean ps3 developers you adore?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

kingofwale said:
>How much is a ps3 dev kit? Being supplied with 150 (Which... is more than they have staff?)

If I remember correctly, some dev-kits are free.

any idea what's Insomniac next project?

Yes, the article said they got 150 (I assume for free or on the cheap as a 1st partyish relationship). So, you are not lying. You are merely not offering any useful information on my question. Granted, it's not neccisarily an easy answer to come by, but still. It's like a math question: 11.3+7 = N. What does N equal? and answering with "N".

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Someone feel free to correct me, but I think it was $20K and then got reduced to $10K, or was $10K and got reduced to $5K for a dev kit (assuming I correctly remembered from some article 2-3 months ago).

makingmusic476 said:

^^That'd be Resistance 2.

The bit about R&C being 60fps, I guess that means that R2 will be 60fps? And aren't the first screenshots 1920x1080? Is R2 going to be 1080p@60fps!?!

*drools*

I doubt it, unless they really water down the graphics between now and launch.  1080p is much more GPU taxing than 720p.

If I was a gamedevelopper it would be an honour to work in Insomniac's team.

People maybe don't love their games but for me they are the best gamedevelopper ever.