By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDIT: PS4 Currently has 5, million sellers

vivster said:
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
^ See now that's Sony's fault to begin with.

When you condition consumers into a certain mindset, and you bet your financials on that certain demographic and push so hard. ( And it keeps going down down and down)

PS2 Sony is dead people.

Blame Microsoft if you want but this is the situation it is now.

Yes, they are dead and replaced by a better one that makes a ton of good exclusives. I can live with that :P

Are you saying the PS4 Sony is better than PS2 Sony? lol. I own a PS4 but, gtfo with that haha. The PS2 had pretty much every huge game franchise on LOCK DOWN. If this were the PS2 era, the next Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Grand Theft Auto would ALL be a Sony exclusive. lol. The Xbone would have been DOA.

If the PS2 had done its job properly there would be no successor to the XBOX and we'd still have all the exclusives.

What? The PS2 sold more than 150 million units to Xbox's 20. It crushed the Xbox's bones into a fine dust and laughed. The only reason MS was able to continue was because they had deep pockets. Any other company would have gone under.

Around the Network
veritaz said:
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:

When you condition consumers into a certain mindset, and you bet your financials on that certain demographic and push so hard. ( And it keeps going down down and down)

PS2 Sony is dead people.

Yes, they are dead and replaced by a better one that makes a ton of good exclusives. I can live with that :P

Are you saying the PS4 Sony is better than PS2 Sony? lol. I own a PS4 but, gtfo with that haha. The PS2 had pretty much every huge game franchise on LOCK DOWN. If this were the PS2 era, the next Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Grand Theft Auto would ALL be a Sony exclusive. lol. The Xbone would have been DOA.

Yes, I'm saying since the ps3 era Sony has been making a lot more 1st party exclusives and they are all diverse and good. I would much rather have multiplats and good exclusives from Sony than just them relying on third party exclusives and not making a lot of exclusives themselves. I don't know how your way would be better for a gamer at all so gtfo.

The PS2 had great first party software TOO. It had both. The PS3 only had first party. By my math, that's two to one. Two, is better than one.

trixiemafia86 said:
COD: ghosts should hit 2 mil very soon.

Actually, ghost was up at the top of PSN sales for last month, So it could be very close already. That ten dollar upgrade plan worked out pretty well.

prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:

PS2 Sony is dead people.

If the PS2 had done its job properly there would be no successor to the XBOX and we'd still have all the exclusives.

What? The PS2 sold more than 150 million units to Xbox's 20. It crushed the Xbox's bones into a fine dust and laughed. The only reason MS was able to continue was because they had deep pockets. Any other company would have gone under.

So you're saying it's not the PS2's Successor's fault that Xbox bought all the exclusives because MS has deep enough pockets no matter what the competition does?

Good to know.

Also it was the PS2 who lost GTA as exclusive ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

idc, I will just be happy when the drought is over and games start coming out more and more.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:

PS2 Sony is dead people.

Yes, I'm saying since the ps3 era Sony has been making a lot more 1st party exclusives and they are all diverse and good. I would much rather have multiplats and good exclusives from Sony than just them relying on third party exclusives and not making a lot of exclusives themselves. I don't know how your way would be better for a gamer at all so gtfo.

The PS2 had great first party software TOO. It had both. The PS3 only had first party. By my math, that's two to one. Two, is better than one.

I don't want to repeat myself but I will anyways. I would rather have more first part exclusives and multiplat games instead of just exclusive 3rd party games as a gamer. Also as someone mentioned already Metal gear and Grand theft auto was not exclusive on PS2.

Killzone deserves the sales! Too bad for the people trading them in, fortunate for the people who can buy KZ cheaper used. Personally I think the "challenge" ranking system is pretty damn addicting and fun!

vivster said:
prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:

PS2 Sony is dead people.

So you're saying it's not the PS2's Successor's fault that Xbox bought all the exclusives because MS has deep enough pockets no matter what the competition does?

Good to know.

Also it was the PS2 who lost GTA as exclusive ;)

You said the PS2 didn't do its job properly, but you're wrong.  It dominated harder than any console in history.

veritaz said:
prayformojo said:
veritaz said:

PS2 Sony is dead people.

... Uh Sony had better exclusive back then. They actually made RPG's and platformers back then.

Now its all Quantic Dream shit.

SandyVGina said:
Killzone deserves the sales! Too bad for the people trading them in, fortunate for the people who can buy KZ cheaper used. Personally I think the "challenge" ranking system is pretty damn addicting and fun!

Yeah, true. however, it should still sell over 2.5 - 3 million easily before 2015. That should be good enough sales.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]