By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2013 in Gaming - What did you get in 2013 and what did you finish/complete in 2013!?

Tagged games:

How was Gaming in 2013 from a score of 1 to 10 for you?

10/10 12 19.05%

9/10 13 20.63%

8/10 15 23.81%

7/10 14 22.22%

6/10 5 7.94%

5/10 2 3.17%

4/10 2 3.17%

3/10 0 0%

2/10 0 0%

1/10 0 0%

Total:63

I only started to stan for games this year, so I bought a Wii and a 3DS. The games I bought for Wii:

- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Mario Kart Wii
- Wii Sports
- Wii Sports Resort
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Interesting enough, I bought Super Mario Galaxy yesterday (already Jan 2nd where I live). And for my 3DS:

- Super Mario 3D Land
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Pokémon X
- Pokémon Y
- Pokémon Black 2
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (has yet to ship)

Around the Network

Games I've gotten this year?:

Dreamcast:
Fighting Force 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom
NHL 2K
Game Boy:
Alleyway
Batman: The Video Game
Solar Striker
GameCube:
2002 FIFA World Cup
Animal Crossing
Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO
Chicken Little
Mario Party 7
NFL Blitz 20-02
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Intellivsion:
Bowling
NHL Hockey
Pitfall
Star Strike
Tennis
Nintendo 3DS:
Mario Kart 7
Nintendo 64:
Banjo-Kazooie
Hybrid Heaven
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Mia Hamm Soccer 64
Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil
WCW Mayhem
WCW/NWO Revenge
Nintendo DS:
Flash Focus: Vision Training In Minutes A Day
Populous DS
Zenses: Rainforest
PlayStation:
Air Combat
Ball Breakers
Billiards
Casper
Knockout Kings
NHL FaceOff
Road And Track Presents: The Need For Speed
Road Rash 3D
Time Commando
PS2:
Brunswick Pro Bowling
High School Musical 3:  Senior Year Dance
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Silent Hill 2
PS3:
Anarchy Reigns
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
Genji: Days Of The Blade
Hitman: Absolution
Kane And Lynch 2: Dog Days
The Last Of Us
LittleBigPlanet 2
MLB 10: The Show
Resident Evil 6
The Shoot
Yakuza 3
Zone Of The Enders HD Collection
PS4:
FIFA 14
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Need For Speed: Rivals
PSP:
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALS: Fireteam Bravo
Wipeout Pure
Genesis:
WWF Royal Rumble
Saturn:
Battle Arena Toshinden Remix
Black Fire
Robo Pit
Robotica
Shanghai: Triple-Threat
SNES:
Fatal Fury
Super Pinball: Behind The Mask
Wii:
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers
Metroid: Other M
XBox:
Fuzion Frenzy
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
TimeSplitters 2
XBox 360:
Akai Katana
Blades Of Time
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat
Deathsmiles
Otomedius Excellent
Perfect Dark Zero

Wow, how much did you spend? :O

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

2013, note the number 13, has been a mostly bad and unlucky year for me, had many asthmatic problems, hospital visits etc. The games released hasn't been very memorable either, but then again I didn't buy very many games. In January I bought and finished Ni no Kuni PS3, that was a great game but the story really dragged out the final thirty hours or so. Spent 80 hours with many sidequests so overall it was fun with a great soundtrack.

Then I got NSMBU which I finished 100%, but it felt just like the others... After that I finished Lego City Undercover with everything collected. Fun to explore that open world. Luigi's Mansion 2 was fun too, collected everything in the first mansion I think.

In the summer I got Pikmin 3, while the story was fun to follow I didn't really enjoy the stages... NSLU I finished but haven't got everything yet... Good thing they shaked up the controls/physics. Also got Game and Wario for my birthday, little game but it has a fun multiplayer game, the one you shoot blocks in. A little bit like curling.

In the fall of the year I got Pokemon X, really fun story but WAY too little post game content. Great 3D graphics, shame it isn't stereoscopic in the fields though. I was a little disappointed in The Wind Waker HD actually, I mean it is a great game but I feel it wasn't as good as the other 3D Zeldas. I didn't play it back in the day though. Rayman Legends had a lot of great stages, shame it released at the wrong time... The demo came out in December 2012! Music stages were some of the most fun sidescrolling I've ever played though!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was really fun, best game of the year for me. Already completed it three times! The first I completed everything in, only has 29/50 streetpass challenges completed though. Fun dungeons. Super Mario 3D World, while better than 3D Land, wasn't what I wanted (Galaxy 3 or something else with 120 stars).

At the end of the year I finally finished Link's Awakening DX. Worst Zelda I've ever played, still somewhat fun though :P After that I played Oracle of Ages, before I beat the final, final boss in Seasons yesterday ;)

Bought God of War 3 and Metal Gear Rising for a real bargain a few weeks ago. Started GoW 3 a few hours ago, great start of the year! Waited too long to play it now, great it has really hold up some years.

Overall for 2013 in gaming, and also the year in general I would say 5/10... Hope 2014 goes better! Happy new year everyone.

Yep.

Super Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds, Sonic Lost World, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, (Can't exactly complete it though) New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D Land, and Ocarina of Time 3D.

Edit: Forgot Paper Mario: TTYD and Majora's Mask.

Around the Network

Here's what I've beaten in 2013.

Beaten for the first time.

Aqua Kitty Milk Mine Defender (02/18)
Assassin's Creed 2 (03/10)
Atelier Totori the Adventurer of Arland (01/29)
Dead Space 3 (03/07)
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers (07/26)
DmC Devil May Cry (12/21)
Dragon's Crown (09/13)
Dragon Quest 9 (04/20)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (09/22)
Grandia Xtreme (05/02)
Hotline Miami (12/06)
Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate (04/05)
Ni No Kuni The Wrath of the White Witch (10/27)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (09/13)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (09/13)
Pokemon X (11/06)
Shin Megami Tensei 4 (08/08)
Shinobi (3DS) (05/29)
Suikoden Tierkreis (04/16)
Super Mario 3D Land (04/13)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (07/14)
Tales of Graces F (03/24)
The Walking Dead (10/13)
XCOM Enemy Unknown (05/21)
Yakuza Dead Souls (2/20)

Beaten prior to 2013.

Brigandine (12/25)
Devil May Cry (09/13)
Devil May Cry 3 (09/13)
Final Fantasy 4 (02/18)
Grandia 2 (04/25)
Infamous 2 (03/03)
Resident Evil 5 (12/24)
Star Ocean 2 (01/19)

BasilZero said:
MoHasanie said:
Wow, how much did you spend? :O

Me? Probably less than what the WiiU went by on black friday (which was $250 the lowest I've seen) - if you exclude the 3DS hardware bundle purchase. If not that, probably around $300 the most - which is far less than what I've spent in the past for LESS games (i.e. day 1 purchases).

Most expensive console game I bought was Tales of Graces F for $43
Most cheapest console game I bought was Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix for $20

Most expensive portable game I bought was Pokemon X for $30
Most cheapest portable game I bought was Fire Emblem Awakening for $15
Edit: Nvm, Paper Mario sticker star for $10 :P

Most expensive PC game I bought was Borderlands GOTY for $7.49
Most cheapest PC game I bought was Just Cause 1 for $1.39

Humble bundles range from $1 to whatever the Average was, I think the highest was like $5 something.

I only buy new games for my consoles/portables and digital only on PC.

I know that I bought like over 60 games during the Steam summer sale but I only spent $47 on all the games lol. If you know where to look and are patient with price drops/sales/flash sales/daily deals/etc, you can find most games relatively cheap even the newly released games as well.

For an example Tomb Raider which came out earlier last year was bundled together with all the other Tomb raider games (which was like 6 or so other games) for about $17. Far cheaper than when it first came out.

Wow, I probably spent the same amount and bought a tenth of the amount of games you bought! :O . I guess I need to shop at cheaper places! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

How in the world can you, Basil, make a thread like this and expect people to remember all their purchases?! You're insane .

OT: I have a very bad memory... which means that I'll have to check what I got from Steam and other places. But just from the top of my head

• WiiU Premium Edition
  • Zombie U
  • NSMBU
  • Resident Evil Revelations

For my Xbox360

• Gears of War 3

For PC (Non Steam)

• Deponia
  • Mass Effect 3

Will try to update later with more games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

How in the world can you, Basil, make a thread like this and expect people to remember all their purchases?! You're insane .

OT: I have a very bad memory... which means that I'll have to check what I got from Steam and other places. But just from the top of my head

• WiiU Premium Edition
  • Zombie U
  • NSMBU
  • Resident Evil Revelations

For my Xbox360

• Gears of War 3

For PC (Non Steam)

• Deponia
  • Mass Effect 3

Will try to update later with more games.

I couldn't remember.  Some games I left off because I wasn't sure.  Luckily, the 3DS and Wii U have activity logs that tell you when you started playing a game, how long you play, etc.  For PS3 and Xbox, I just checked Achievements and Trophies.  I was kinda screwed for everything else.

I got a 3DS and a Vita, and a lot of games for ps3 (if you count ps plus), but im too lazy to put them :P
For me this was my best year in gaming because I played a bunch of games I had on my shelf and turned out to be great.
Also TLOU, my favourite game for the year.
2013 was 10/10 for me