By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BeTTER 2ND HaLF LiNeuP... PS3 Wii oR 360

PS3 lineup does look pretty sweet, maybe I should start playing the lottery again or stop slacking on my job. But eventhough the games are good the most promising(for me) are not exclusives, in addition to first party games sony definitly needs to bring its price closer to the 360, eventhough this is hardly possible at this point these are the only two moves that can get sony some good momentum, all the hardcore gamers I know are students like myself(money is tight)  and they all say the PS3 is a great machine but the exclusives comming are not worth the 300 euros extra, plus they love Halo, I never got into it since I can´t shoot without a mouse (or at least lightgun). Plus they where all very upset about the old very small and rumbleless controler. Everyone agrees that the PS3 can take on the 360 but not until price and games can take on the 360s price and games. The big plus Nintendo has is that their games (exept maybe for MP3 and one or two others) don´t really compete with the PS3s and 360s games, so for the full experiance you need a PS3/Wii or a 360/Wii. I really don´t get PS3 fans bashing the Wii, if the PS3 was rocking in sales the Wii would still be doing great, the 360 is what really stole the PS3s early thunder. Lets hope by at least this time next year sony gets the price and game combo working so the 360 has some serious heat on its back. With the games on the list already out the PS3 will have some good arguments for its cause.   

Around the Network

GTA 4 would have sell million of PS3 if it would be exclusive but it will sell more 360 because of cheaper price and installed base

Just a minor note..if you are talking second half of the year..June games should not be included (jan-feb-mar-apr-may-june) June is month 6. Second 1/2 of the year starts in July (july-aug-sept-oct-nov-dec)

I would say the big 10 games for each system are (in the USA)..

360: Too Human, Bioshock, Alan Wake, GTA 4, Madden, Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Forza 2, Mass Effect, Devil May Cry 4

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Nights, Guitar Hero 3, DDR Hot Mix, Resident Evil: UC, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, and either Wii Health or Wii Music

PS3: GTA, Madden, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Singstar

Japan is far different in terms of what people will like and buy.
Wii - Galaxy, Nights, Brawl, Opoona, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest Swords, Wii Health, Wii Music, RE: UC, Mario & Sonic

PS3 - Heavenly Sword, MGS4, GTA (500k is possible), Devil May Cry 4

360 - Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, GTA (100-200k?)

Europe is hardest to guess...
Wii - Super Paper Mario, Wii Health, Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Guitar Hero 3, DDR Hot mix, Mario & Sonic, RE: UC, Harry Potter, Wii Music

PS3 - Lair, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Singstar, Ratchet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden, Killzone 2, Devil May Cry 4

360 - GTA, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Forza 2, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odyssey, Tenchu, Guitar Hero 3

In terms of sales, 360 is going to get destroyed in Japan by Wii & PS3, Wii will keep outselling PS3, but itself will be destroyed in the DQIX DS hoopla. Here in the USA, 360 and Wii will alternate between 1st and 2nd depending on the exact release dates of big games.
In terms of games that will greatly raise hardware sales for a long time in the USA, each system has a couple big guns.
360 has Halo 3, GTA as the nuclear options, lifting sales by perhaps 100-200k for two-three weeks pre-holidays. GH3, Madden, Assassin's Creed, Too Human are huge bombs, probably worth a 25-50k boost in hardware for a few weeks. The other big 360 titles will sell decently to very well, but will not pick up the hardware much.
PS3 has a couple huge bombs in GTA, Madden, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet & Clank and Metal Gear Solid 4. GTA will sell better on 360, and it will pick up 360 hardware more since it is cheaper - so I think it is only like a 50k per week boost -preholidays, while the others big games are like a 2-4 week 25k weekly boost.
Wii has two markets to appeal too, casual Wii gamers, and traditional gamers. Wii Health/Music, DDR, GH3 are the killer apps for the casuals, while everything else goes to the traditional gamers. Wii, because of price will get a number of 50k boosts (GH3, DDR, Wii Health, RE, Disaster), and couple of big spikes of like 100k if Galaxy, Prime, or Brawl are released before November. Nights and Mario & Sonic could do 300k+ if they are made well and advertised since they could (maybe) find an audience with casuals and traditional gamers.

Europe I think will split. The UK will largely resemble the US market, with Sony a bit stronger than it is in the USA right now. France will be Wii, PS3, 360. Spain will likely be pretty close between PS3 and Wii. Generally speaking, 360 will sell least overall, but maintain a slim lead as Wii closes in, while PS3 will lose ground to the Wii, but catch up (in relative terms) to 360.

edited by BenKenobi88 - needed breaks for easier reading.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I want nIghts, SSBB, SMG... I'd even play Final Fantasy, if it comes out here for christmas.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

I'd put the "now 'til the holidays" 360 and PS3 like this: PS3: MGS4 Ninja Gaiden Sigma GTA IV Heavenly Sword Lair Warhawk GH3 Assassin's Creed DMC4 Ratchet & Clank Killzone 2 360: Halo 3 GTA IV Mass Effect Bioshock Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell Forza 2 Assassin's Creed GH3 DMC4 Too Human Blue Dragon (North America) Lost Odyssey Tenchu I might be forgetting a few here... But after playing the Heavenly Sword demo, I think the only exclusive PS3 games that really interest me right now are MGS4 and Ninja Gaiden. Whereas, for my style of gaming, I want to play Forza 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock (anyone who isn't interested in this game needs to watch the demo), Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Eternal Sonata on the 360... So I think you can determine where my vote lays.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Whoops, I forgot LittleBigPlanet for the PS3. I'd like to play that game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Bonafide732 said:

With June now less than a month away.. I was wondering which console does everyone think have the better 2nd half of the year lineup of games.. First ill show key games 1st and 3rd party for each system.. feel free to add more because i left some games out on purpose.

1. PS3: Rainbow Six Vegs: even though its been delayed often its still eargerly awaited by most ps3 owners.
  2. PS3: Ninja Gainden Sigma: Touted as a remake of the original by some.. Displays some of the sharpest graphics ever seen on a PS3 thus far
  3. PS3: Lair: Touted as the PS3s 1st big game of the year Lair displays Sharp graphics with enormous boards and innovative gameplay(as far as the ps3 goes anyway)
  4. PS3: Heavenly Sword: called Goddess of War by most Sony wishes this game would sell like GoW
  5. PS3: Assassins Creed: Originally announced for the Ps3(everyone knew it was not exclusive) this game is still in mystery but still one of the most anticipated titles for this year
  6. PS3: Coded Arms Assault: yes i know noone talks about this game but Konami claims the psp version was underrated so we'll see
  7. PS3: WarHawk: with this game being online only it might be the game that really ignites PSN Network
  8. PS3: Devil May Cry 4: although on the 360 too. this game has a lot to prove to its fans. who believed that the last installments were lacking
  9. PS3: Grand Theft Auto IV: Sony fans wont completely turn their back on this series Oh No.. expect it to sell Big on both consoles
  10. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4: with Kojima letting everyone know this game was exclusive to the PS3 expect this game not only to sell but move consoles too..

1. 360: Forza motorsport 2: I dont think the 360 needs a GT killer but if there were to be one Forza just might be it
  2. 360: Tenchu Z: this series has come a long way since its Ps2 days.. no NinJa Gaiden its okay Tenchu can fill that void
  3. 360: Mass Effect: Expect this Title to be the 1st in a string of good RPGs for the 360
  4. 360: Virtua Fighter 5: getting a delayed release expect the same features from The PS3 version
  5. 360: Bio Shock: Many are not sure whether this game is an RPg or shooter but believe it will be sought after when released
  6. 360: Blue Dragon: This game was given the cold shoulder in Japan. will Europeans and Americans seal its fate Or give it Glory?
  7. 360: Unreal Tournament 3: Epic is back and this game is expected to be gorgeous even more than Gears of War maybe
  8. 360: Halo 3: Some called Halo 2 a dissapointment especially its online Halo is back though more hyped than ever. expect this game to move consoles
  9. 360: Grand Theft Auto IV: Debuting for the 1st time at the same time as the Sony version this game has everyone anticipated for it..
  10. 360: Lost Oddysey: Even though the gameplay is said to be simple this title is expected to be huge at the end of the year

1. Wii: Scarface The World is yours: What!! a game this violent on a nintendo console.. either way it still should sell
  2. Wii: Pokemon Battle Revolution: Yes pokemon is a very popular game if you didnt know
  3. Wii: Driver: yes this game is still around on consoles.. this game has been delayed maybe it can reclaim its past glory
  4. Wii: Manhunt 2: 1st game was controversial so expect the 2nd one to be the same especially since its on the Wii
  5. Wii: Naruto clash of ninja: Yes this game too is very popular especially in japan
  6. Wii:Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles:  Expect this to be one of the prettier Wii titles
  7. Wii: Nights: One of the Saturns best games.. This series comes back to life on THe Wii
  8. Wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Sequel to the most succesful Rpg on the gamecube this game supposedly supports wifi online play
  9. Wii: Super Mario Galaxy: Its Mario need i say more?
  10. Metroid Prime 3: Expect this title to showcase the potential of the WiiMote and Graphics capabilities

im not an expert of course so leave your opinions on what i did wrong or what i should have added... remember i left some games out on purpose

For the Wii... You definitely left out some nice games... Exclusive casual mass apeal titles from EA and Nintendo like:

-Boogie.

-EA playground.

-MySims.

-WiiHealth.

-WiiMusic.

And then you still have some nice titles which you forgot like:

-Dragon Quest swords: The masked queen and the tower of mirrors.

-No more heroes.

-Battalion wars II.

-Alone in the dark 5:.............. Don't know the subname, but it has been announced by Atari today (It's not the same as 'Alone in the dark 5' for X360 and PS3... But a Wii specific spin-off or sidestory).

-Ooppona.

-Mario & Sonic at the olympics 08.

-DDR Hot mix.

-Guitar hero 3.

-Super paper mario (For Europe...)

Well, that should add some extra nice games to your list!

THE NETHERLANDS

I don't own a 360, but the 360 lineup looks the best right now.

But it has a year head start so that's to be expected.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

IMO...PS3 has the strongest lineup, followed by the 360. The WII games aren't appealing to me at all.

Just going off your list alone I like (6)PS3, (5)360, and (2)WII titles.

Bonafide732 said:

With June now less than a month away.. I was wondering which console does everyone think have the better 2nd half of the year lineup of games.. First ill show key games 1st and 3rd party for each system.. feel free to add more because i left some games out on purpose.

1. PS3: Rainbow Six Vegs: even though its been delayed often its still eargerly awaited by most ps3 owners.
  2. PS3: Ninja Gainden Sigma: Touted as a remake of the original by some.. Displays some of the sharpest graphics ever seen on a PS3 thus far
  3. PS3: Lair: Touted as the PS3s 1st big game of the year Lair displays Sharp graphics with enormous boards and innovative gameplay(as far as the ps3 goes anyway)
  4. PS3: Heavenly Sword: called Goddess of War by most Sony wishes this game would sell like GoW
  5. PS3: Assassins Creed: Originally announced for the Ps3(everyone knew it was not exclusive) this game is still in mystery but still one of the most anticipated titles for this year
  6. PS3: Coded Arms Assault: yes i know noone talks about this game but Konami claims the psp version was underrated so we'll see
  7. PS3: WarHawk: with this game being online only it might be the game that really ignites PSN Network
  8. PS3: Devil May Cry 4: although on the 360 too. this game has a lot to prove to its fans. who believed that the last installments were lacking
  9. PS3: Grand Theft Auto IV: Sony fans wont completely turn their back on this series Oh No.. expect it to sell Big on both consoles
  10. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4: with Kojima letting everyone know this game was exclusive to the PS3 expect this game not only to sell but move consoles too..

1. 360: Forza motorsport 2: I dont think the 360 needs a GT killer but if there were to be one Forza just might be it
  2. 360: Tenchu Z: this series has come a long way since its Ps2 days.. no NinJa Gaiden its okay Tenchu can fill that void
  3. 360: Mass Effect: Expect this Title to be the 1st in a string of good RPGs for the 360
  4. 360: Virtua Fighter 5: getting a delayed release expect the same features from The PS3 version
  5. 360: Bio Shock: Many are not sure whether this game is an RPg or shooter but believe it will be sought after when released
  6. 360: Blue Dragon: This game was given the cold shoulder in Japan. will Europeans and Americans seal its fate Or give it Glory?
  7. 360: Unreal Tournament 3: Epic is back and this game is expected to be gorgeous even more than Gears of War maybe
  8. 360: Halo 3: Some called Halo 2 a dissapointment especially its online Halo is back though more hyped than ever. expect this game to move consoles
  9. 360: Grand Theft Auto IV: Debuting for the 1st time at the same time as the Sony version this game has everyone anticipated for it..
  10. 360: Lost Oddysey: Even though the gameplay is said to be simple this title is expected to be huge at the end of the year

1. Wii: Scarface The World is yours: What!! a game this violent on a nintendo console.. either way it still should sell
  2. Wii: Pokemon Battle Revolution: Yes pokemon is a very popular game if you didnt know
  3. Wii: Driver: yes this game is still around on consoles.. this game has been delayed maybe it can reclaim its past glory
  4. Wii: Manhunt 2: 1st game was controversial so expect the 2nd one to be the same especially since its on the Wii
  5. Wii: Naruto clash of ninja: Yes this game too is very popular especially in japan
  6. Wii:Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles: Expect this to be one of the prettier Wii titles
  7. Wii: Nights: One of the Saturns best games.. This series comes back to life on THe Wii
  8. Wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Sequel to the most succesful Rpg on the gamecube this game supposedly supports wifi online play
  9. Wii: Super Mario Galaxy: Its Mario need i say more?
  10. Metroid Prime 3: Expect this title to showcase the potential of the WiiMote and Graphics capabilities

im not an expert of course so leave your opinions on what i did wrong or what i should have added... remember i left some games out on purpose

Out of that line up for the PS3 im getting: 4... umm... f i remember right theres a lot more coming better then coded arms.... 

360 that looks good to me: 2?

Wii: 3?  

come on these lists blow..  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453