By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ioi speaks out about ergh "VGC analysts"

ninetailschris said:
supernihilist said:
ninetailschris said:
To be fair, vgchartz is not the most reliable source for numbers out of all the well known ones. Vgchartz makes like lot of amateur mistakes.

Really?

just name me one

Almost everything during holidays where they always adjust to npd later on. Uk is for 3ds is over tracked hundreds of thousands. PS3 are greatly undertrack like God of War while others are greatly overtracked. There numbers seem to be more of a guessing game based on preorders then anything actual based on sales. I find it strange that there prediction of the game knack sells in the USA where exactly what they predicted it sold almost. The actual sales based on npd where much lower. This all of course just personal observation but I don't believe any company themselves take the sales from this site seriously.

PS3 greatly "undertrack"? 

is not undertracked, it was overtracked and it was adjusted down by a lot. Sony announced that it shipped a total of 80 million at 02th november (10 million shipped in 363 days). Do you think it is selling 14 million per year or so? 

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Around the Network

ioi, for the good of this website, the numbers of posts can`t be a immunity for some users say bulshit all the time, moderators need to act.

Keep the great work. Thanks for entertaining us with this great website.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

fmjasinski said:
ioi, for the good of this website, the numbers of posts can`t be a immunity for some users say bulshit all the time, moderators need to act.

Keep the great work. Thanks for entertaining us with this great website.

It really does seems like some user have free passes to abuse.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

fmjasinski said:
ninetailschris said:
supernihilist said:
ninetailschris said:
To be fair, vgchartz is not the most reliable source for numbers out of all the well known ones. Vgchartz makes like lot of amateur mistakes.

Really?

just name me one

Almost everything during holidays where they always adjust to npd later on. Uk is for 3ds is over tracked hundreds of thousands. PS3 are greatly undertrack like God of War while others are greatly overtracked. There numbers seem to be more of a guessing game based on preorders then anything actual based on sales. I find it strange that there prediction of the game knack sells in the USA where exactly what they predicted it sold almost. The actual sales based on npd where much lower. This all of course just personal observation but I don't believe any company themselves take the sales from this site seriously.

PS3 greatly "undertrack"? 

is not undertracked, it was overtracked and it was adjusted down by a lot. Sony announced that it shipped a total of 80 million at 02th november (10 million shipped in 363 days). Do you think it is selling 14 million per year or so? 

PS3 games not consoles.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

If some of you so-called experts can do a better job,then why don't you come up with your own site and your own numbers and put your money were your mouth is. Some people always seem to think they know everything.

Around the Network

VGC should definitly use the 280xxx method. But then people would realize it wouldnt make sense to compare software. Also, lol @ people comparing vgc to npd. vgc is one guy running a site from his home with no retail partners. npd is a research group with retail partners that charge money for their figures.

Max King of the Wild said:
VGC should definitly use the 280xxx method. But then people would realize it wouldnt make sense to compare software. Also, lol @ people comparing vgc to npd. vgc is one guy running a site from his home with no retail partners. npd is a research group with retail partners that charge money for their figures.

And one of them have sense of humour and care to explain to fouls.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

And one of them have sense of humour and care to explain to fouls.

nice logical fallacy there.

Also, VGC should stop acting like they get any retail information. That would help greatly. If they get any kind of information like that it is from a local retailer and nothing like corporate info. Brett tries telling people its only an estimate but its obvious they are trying to fool people in thinking they are a sales tracker like the NPD group

Also, VGC should stop acting like they get any retail information. That would help greatly. If they get any kind of information like that it is from a local retailer and nothing like corporate info. Brett tries telling people its only an estimate but its obvious they are trying to fool people in thinking they are a sales tracker like the NPD group

If all this info is from a local retailer the accuracy is way too f***ing accurate to be true. And doesn't VGC have its own small office?