By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - INTERVIEW: Microsoft On Xbox 360 Supply Issues

@ konnichiwa

I second that.

Around the Network

ROFLOl...I'm sure Amazon and all the sellers on Amazon are all Part of Microsoft's GRAND DESIGN to create an artifical shortage...lol. They got flat-footed...period. Where's the logic in PS3 out of the lbue topping 360 in January, after getting it's butt handed to in all year long, with even LARGER gaps just LAST MONTH.

So, for all the PS3 fanboys who think PS3 is just due...can you explain why people totally out purhcased 360 in November and December...and jsut woke-up to the wonders of PS3, for it to outsell 360 in January? Some of you guys are some real bricks!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

DmeisterJ and PooperScooper.

There IS an Xbox 360 shortage. IT was established LONG before MS said anything. Whilst there could be a multitude of reasons including clearing Rrod units and preparing for a new bundle or sku, but it is at least partly a demand issue. Also, the publicity surrounding shortages nowhere near outways losing sales of a couple of hundred thousand units, so if this is a factor in the shortages it is a MINOR ONE.

Constantly calling 'BS' as you put it, just makes you sound ignorant. With regard to pooperscooper, who is relatively new to me, this may simply be the case, but you've shown you can be far better than that DmeisterJ. BE ALL YOU CAN BE MATE LOL

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@Madskillz

WOW your desperate aren't you

MS has no right to be grinning ear to ear...not when after releasing their BIGGEST GAME EVER (HALO 3 ) with a $50 dollar price drop making their System CHEAPER than any Ps3 on the market

NO, hey wouldn't be grinning but they'd be worried

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

"We believe that the value-add of having additional premium content for Grand Theft Auto on our box will certainly be a sales driver for the console. … Once we get units out there, we’re confident the momentum will continue."

Really?, It will be a good software driver for the game, yes.

But if a person goes to the store who owns no consoles, and decides to buy either the PS3, and 360. And lets assume that they are even aware of the DLC that will not be available for months, IMO it still comes down to

The 360 + GTAIV + Downloadable content
or
The PS3 + GTAIV + BluRay

@OP, IMO the Microsoft guy basically did everything he could do to not say, "We screwed up"

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

It seems very possible to be an artificially created shortage, clearing out RROD hardware or another reason mentioned above. When I first started hearing of the possibilities of a shortage I made a note to pay attention to what I see In stores locally. I live in New York City and noticed that although you can find a few Arcade bundles in most stores, I have yet to see an Elite model and probably saw maybe a handful of premiums a week. This weekend all I spotted was Arcades in places like EB, Best Buy, Target, Toys'r'us and a few other places (yea I have been doing a lot of shopping recently, hehe).

Oh by the way, I'm new to this site but I have been entering as a guest for a while. I found the forums interesting and just had to join, hehe.