By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2 worth the wait?

killzone 2 worth the wait?

Probably not (two three four)

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Worth the wait? Not sure, and to be honest I'm more interested in RFOM 2 right now than KZ2.

From what I've seen and looking at the original (reviews, etc.) I suspect its going to look very good but will probably only play decently. I always hope for success rather than failure so I'm more than happy to be wrong but I think we're looking at solid 80 to 85% territory while its RFOM2, building on the solid roots of RFOM, that I think stands more chance of excelling vs its first iteration and breaking into the 90% plus club.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The game looks pretty amazing and I would rather it be delayed til around September so it is even better. This game will be much more popular than the original. The gameplay and the atmospheres look very intense, and I am definitely looking forward to it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

From day one I have wondered why so many people were getting so excited by Killzone 2 ...

Realistically, managing the complexity of a project the size of a PS3 game is dramatically harder than managing the complexity of a PS2 game. In general, you'd expect most developers to have a tough time matching the quality of their PS2 games when they produce a PS3 game. With this in mind, an optimist would think that Killzone 2 would be an above average game ...

The thing that surprises me is that Resistance 2 is probably going to be a far better game and yet it gets far less hype than Killzone 2.

I went to the future and played it. It is worth the wait.

Seriously, how the hell would we know without playing it?

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
I went to the future and played it. It is worth the wait.

Seriously, how the hell would we know without playing it?

You could have told me you went to the future!  I wanted to know the lottery numbers ;)

Good to see this site is still going 

I think it will be a brillaint game.I only have videos to go by,but everything we've seen so far has looked fantastic.Not just the visuals(Which are simply already better than anything seen on console to date with none of the framerate drops that plagued the original),but also the gameplay and atmosphere look which both seem to be fantastic.I think this game will turn out to be more than worthy of the hype it is currently recieving.

I think that Killzone 2 definitely has the potential to turn out great, though I'm by no means sure if it will. There were four main problems that plagued the original Killzone, in my opinion:

- Spotty AI
- Damn near non-existent physics
- Graphical glitches galore
- Linear and repetitive level design (SP only)

Given all the changes that have happened to Guerrilla Games since the first Killzone (bought by Sony, quadrupled in size, given massive budget, and given the help of Sony Cambridge), I believe that all of these problems can be rectified in the sequel, and from what we've seen from E3'07, it appears that two of them already have (physics and graphical glitches, though the latter could've been solved in the first with just a month more of polish). In addition to this, the gameplay in general seems to have been improved somewhat. It just looks more enjoyable to play, imo, though we should really wait on more previews, or the games release, before judging something like that. *cough*Lair*cough*

There were two aspects of the original Killzone that I enjoyed: 1. The artstyle (the Helghast look badass, what can I say), and 2. The multiplayer. The game easily had the best online of any ps2 game, imo. Considering the fact that GG has said that KZ2 will have "very robust online", and given their success with the ps2's meager offerings, I think that the online multiplayer of Killzone 2 will be enjoyable, if nothing else.

In the end, I think that Killzone 2 is on the path of success. Whether it gets there or not, we won't know until it releases, but Sony doesn't throw it's full weight behind something for no reason.

I can only hope that the game turns out well. :)

SamuelRSmith said:
I'm predicting that at the least it will be better then the first.

Personally, I would be happy if it makes high 80s-low 90s on Game Rankings.

I'll pick it up, regardless, I loved the first game. Mainly for its killer split screen matches. Ahh... the days of bots.

The good old days of Timesplitteres........

Anyway, I enjoyed the first Killzone, and Killzone Liberation, so I will buy this game