By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Back in SSB For WiiU/3DS! Is the Phantom With Her? (or is it an Assist Trophy?) *Pics Inside!

Welcome Back your Highness!!!

Whats up with this O.o? An attack or an assist trophy!!!???

Around the Network

I have an alternate theory on what the deal is with the Phantom...

My prediction is that Toon Zelda is going to also make an appearance in the game, with this image effectively being a subtle teaser for it. While regular Zelda would transform into Sheik as always, Toon Zelda would become Phantom Zelda, and what we're seeing is Phantom Zelda in a scene, but without it being marked as Phantom Zelda.

I have further evidence to support this. Here's a regular Phantom, from Phantom Hourglass:

Notice the shield. Now, here's a Phantom from Spirit Tracks:

Again, notice the shield. Now, which of these shields is the Phantom holding in the Smash image? That's right, the Spirit Tracks one. The colour scheme of the Phantom itself also matches (in PH, they're grey; in ST, they're more purple/pink - this one is clearly purple/pink).

It's just speculation, of course, but it would certainly make for an unique character, by being a small and nimble magic-user in one form and a huge, slow, and sword-wielding powerhouse in the other form.

Aielyn said:
I have an alternate theory on what the deal is with the Phantom...

My prediction is that Toon Zelda is going to also make an appearance in the game, with this image effectively being a subtle teaser for it. While regular Zelda would transform into Sheik as always, Toon Zelda would become Phantom Zelda, and what we're seeing is Phantom Zelda in a scene, but without it being marked as Phantom Zelda.

I have further evidence to support this. Here's a regular Phantom, from Phantom Hourglass:

Notice the shield. Now, here's a Phantom from Spirit Tracks:

Again, notice the shield. Now, which of these shields is the Phantom holding in the Smash image? That's right, the Spirit Tracks one. The colour scheme of the Phantom itself also matches (in PH, they're grey; in ST, they're more purple/pink - this one is clearly purple/pink).

It's just speculation, of course, but it would certainly make for an unique character, by being a small and nimble magic-user in one form and a huge, slow, and sword-wielding powerhouse in the other form.

Great Eye! Imo i dont think she'll be a Ice Climbers/Rosalina+Luma character. Im thinking thats her new B↓ move which controls a phatom puppet (you control it) but it takes no damage and its slow and powerful and gets defeated when zelda takes a hit. This would mean no longer Shiek is in the game and Zelda is a standalone! But in Sheiks defense is replaced by Impa (from SS) as she is technically the Shiek in the game. But maybe this time she can have some updatedmoveset (like a barrier she uses in SS)!

If true this would make to veteran characters into 1. A new character + a female representative and 2. Zelda feel like a new character! Notice the pics dont have zelda attacking with her known (usual) moveset

I want to know how overpowered she will be this time..

Looks great!

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

Looks great!

*Looks at Avatar

i dont believe it

Zelda and Rosalina are hot, I wanna do 3some with them.

yay, sexy

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Turkish said:

Zelda and Rosalina are hot, I wanna do 3some with them.

o.O

Perhaps the phantom is her new Final Smash???
No???
Okay...

Have a nice day...