By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN is down, on Christmas Eve

Mohasus said:
Good, you should be spending this day with your family, not playing games.

And you shouldn't be on your computer or phone ;D

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Mohasus said:

And you shouldn't be on your computer or phone ;D

Nice comeback. ;)

And I just came back from spending the whole day with the family so now's time for gaming.  

The OP is right.  Now that PS+ is mandatory for online gaming on PS4, Sony needs to up it's game.  When Xbox Live had it's issues many years ago, it was unacceptable.  But for the last few years I have never had any issues where I cannot access Xbox Live at all.  The PSN on my PS3 is another matter.  There are just too many maintenance and updates and I guess when it was free, it was an annoyance but you can't really complain that much. However because it was not as smooth an experience, I don't play online on it as often.

Play Parasite Eve

''Hadouken!''

axumblade said:
Mohasus said:

What if your family spends time together by playing games? I bought my parents a Wii last year for Christmas and we spent the whole night playing with the Wii Fit together. 

yeah right

Not the best timing since most people are on holidays wanting to play but Xbox Live is down sometimes for a few days.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Welcome to PSN. Ugh. I love Sony's IP but their online service is NOT XBL. I bought a PS4 with the expectation that it's service would be up to XBL's but, it's not. In the 10 years I've had XBL, I can't remember one single time it was down for "maintenance". Not at 1pm, 1am...3am...never. It's always just...worked.

Back when PSN was free, it was acceptable, but if we have to pay for it, that's now out the window.

Yeah no..

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3719596/Xbox+Live+Service+Suffers+11Day+Outage.htm

Mohasus said:

what if your family wants to play games together?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Mohasus said:

what if your family wants to play games together?

Online? The image in my head is more like local multiplayer. Ideally a Nintendo game.

You know, I think people really underrate how great Nintendo games are for local multiplayer. I just don't see what the next gen consoles offer for local multiplayer that's appropriate for something like the family getting together or a party with friends.

sad that you are spending your Christmas Eve playing video games instead of being out talking to all the drunk girls (or boys if you swing that way)

Blood_Tears said:
prayformojo said:
Welcome to PSN. Ugh. I love Sony's IP but their online service is NOT XBL. I bought a PS4 with the expectation that it's service would be up to XBL's but, it's not. In the 10 years I've had XBL, I can't remember one single time it was down for "maintenance". Not at 1pm, 1am...3am...never. It's always just...worked.

Back when PSN was free, it was acceptable, but if we have to pay for it, that's now out the window.

Yeah no..

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3719596/Xbox+Live+Service+Suffers+11Day+Outage.htm

Yeah no what? No that I'm lying? Or no that it's gone down? Because that's two separate things. In 10 years, MY XBL has never been down, ever. Since November 15, my PS4 has had the store go down multiple times, PSN go down for maintenance, codes redemption shut off, the what's new app shut off etc. It's just unacceptable.