By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you still buying physical media?

^^^Cue naznatips to come join the thread to shamelessly sing Steam's praises

Games=Physical, Music = *usually* digital, Movies = Don't buy (not a big movies guy),

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

i pay for all my media I`m a legal person

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

I don't really buy movies. I buy 1-2 CDs a year. I also buy every season of Penn and Teller's Bullshit when it comes out (usually Spring) because I enjoy watch the show (by myself or with others).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Yes, although I do download music and games as well. As already represented on this thread the majority of consumers are likely to want physical media for quite a while yet... so I suspect Sony will be able to make plenty with BR before downloads or streaming becomes the norm.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Some don't mind buying digital media -- I certainly do not. I think the only "digital" product that I've paid for is the orange box. Like others here, if I pay for something, I want it to be something that won't disappear because of a hard drive crash or something.

Around the Network

Yes. A lot of CD's, some DVD's. Also some digital content.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

I very really buy or watch DVDs but I still buy CDs for my music needs. There is something about having the CD to be honest, it just seems better.

Yes.  I'd like to keep it that way.

Yes I do ... I actually dont really like downloading ... I want everything boxed :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Movie Package with Movies on Demand (TMN for you canucks) + rental store below apartment = nope!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)