By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Apple to buy Sony?

Viktor said:
mornelithe said:

I certainly hope not, if Apple buys Sony, I'm done with console gaming completely. If people hated the closed networks and nickel and diming of the industry that's occurred thus far in the gaming, that pales in comparison to what would happen if Apple bought Sony.

Gran Tourismo 6... I know some are obsessed with certain companys but for more open minded gamers, thankfully console gamers in luck since Sony isn´t the only console manufacturer.

I would absolutely miss the Gran Turismo franchise, but I would sadly say goodbye if Apple bought Sony.  I won't put money towards that company, and I won't sacrifice my principles for a game.

And to put it in perspective, I bought a launch 60g solely because GT5 would be on the PS3.  The rest was just gravy.

Around the Network

Good god I hope not. Apple still hasn't figured out how to properly create a manual.

I think Apple would only be interested in the entertainment divisions.

My 8th gen collection

mornelithe said:
Viktor said:
mornelithe said:

I certainly hope not, if Apple buys Sony, I'm done with console gaming completely. If people hated the closed networks and nickel and diming of the industry that's occurred thus far in the gaming, that pales in comparison to what would happen if Apple bought Sony.

Gran Tourismo 6... I know some are obsessed with certain companys but for more open minded gamers, thankfully console gamers in luck since Sony isn´t the only console manufacturer.

I would absolutely miss the Gran Turismo franchise, but I would sadly say goodbye if Apple bought Sony.  I won't put money towards that company, and I won't sacrifice my principles for a game.

And to put it in perspective, I bought a launch 60g solely because GT5 would be on the PS3.  The rest was just gravy.

You could buy everything used?
At least if apple don't forces DRM on us

Why would Apple buy Sony? MS might as well buy them as well then. Sony's prospects aren't even good. If they do buy it then they should finally get rid of that huge loss making TV division.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
I am a DIEHARD Nintendo fan. I naturally despise everything about Sony's playstation branch (the controllers, the games, the focus of their consoles, their pathetic attempt at handhelds). That being said, Apple is the worst thing for the industry and I would rather Sony/Nintendo join forces under one brand than deal with an Apple controlled Sony!

Wow! Tell us how you really feel...

DamnTastic said:
mornelithe said:
Viktor said:
mornelithe said:

You could buy everything used?
At least if apple don't forces DRM on us

I wouldn't care if it's free, I won't have one of their products in my house.  Used or not, their network isn't free, and I'm just not a fan of the company.  Or Steve Jobs for that matter.

When I heard that Coldplay and Norah Jones played at Steve Jobs funeral, my first thought was, "How much were the tickets?"

Dulfite said:
I am a DIEHARD Nintendo fan. I naturally despise everything about Sony's playstation branch (the controllers, the games, the focus of their consoles, their pathetic attempt at handhelds). That being said, Apple is the worst thing for the industry and I would rather Sony/Nintendo join forces under one brand than deal with an Apple controlled Sony!

How sweet :) I would prefer that too.
But the only way it will happen is when nintendo buys sony's game division, it won't happen the other way around (atm).

LOL. Make it happen Apple.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Theres no reason for Apple to buy Sony. Simply nothing in it for Apple unless its at a dirt cheap price.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|