By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 Selling Around 240-250k Units Weekly, Insider Assures

Lawlight said:
Talal said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:
PS2 era will never be back. No console will dominate like PS2. At worst I see 2:1 PS4 over Xbox One but I highly, highly doubt that will happen. PS4 might hit about 100 million and Xbox One I see hitting around 60-70 million.

Might hit about 100M? It's a given that it will hit 100M.

Are you serious? 

What do you think? How many do you think the PS4 will sell?

I don't know. It might reach 100m, but saying that it's a given is pretty crazy.

Around the Network
padib said:
Blood_Tears said:
padib said:
Blood_Tears said:
Viktor said:

PS2 era is back? In your dreams. Call me when it hits 100m.

Who are you and why do we care to call you for anything?

He's right. We are 1 month post launch, let's get real, k?

Let's get real?   There's a saying I haven't heard since the 90's....ummm  k..

Nope. It's important to be honest with things and I don't care when the saying is from, its meaning stands in this context and viktor was correct.

In your opinion that is...His comment was already discussed and resolved previously in the thread but thanks for replying to my 2 day old comment..Merry Christmas..

Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:
PS2 era will never be back. No console will dominate like PS2. At worst I see 2:1 PS4 over Xbox One but I highly, highly doubt that will happen. PS4 might hit about 100 million and Xbox One I see hitting around 60-70 million.

You sure about that? The console landscape has changed. There are these things called tablets that will take some of the casual customer base. There aren't 100 million hardcore gamers. After the first 20 million PS4s Sony will have to attract the casual gamer.

yeah, im not sure about the PS2 era being back but sales are indeed great.

My Top Games Of 2013:

tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:

You sure about that? The console landscape has changed. There are these things called tablets that will take some of the casual customer base. There aren't 100 million hardcore gamers. After the first 20 million PS4s Sony will have to attract the casual gamer.

If that was true, the PS3 wouldn't have been selling so much in the past few years. The consumers who moved to tablets are the Wii owners. There's still around 125M hardcore gamers ou there.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:

If that was true, the PS3 wouldn't have been selling so much in the past few years. The consumers who moved to tablets are the Wii owners. There's still around 125M hardcore gamers ou there.

Not even half of that number are hardcore gamers. PS3 was bought by many people solely because it was a good BluRay player. Now PS3 is selling well because of other countries around the world finally buying in that gen and the price is right, or people are buying a second console. This is the first Playstation console without any new media features to push it. Sony will have to attract the casual gamer or it won't even hit 100m.

tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:

Not even half of that number are hardcore gamers. PS3 was bought by many people solely because it was a good BluRay player. Now PS3 is selling well because of other countries around the world finally buying in that gen and the price is right, or people are buying a second console. This is the first Playstation console without any new media features to push it. Sony will have to attract the casual gamer or it won't even hit 100m.

Well, firstly I don't think we have any solid numbers of the splits between who bought a PS3 for gaming and Bluray, so that's really theory, especially to say that not even 50% bought it for gaming.  I think that's a stretch.

However, Sony's strategy thus far has to be pretty clear (at least, this is my impression).  They've targeted the core gamer since the reveal, and as the install base rises, they'll start to expand upon the offerings they have for the machine.  Remember the early days of the Ps3, where Sony were lambasted for not having a focused message behind the machine?  Clearly this gen is about everything they learned from the last 3 iterations of hardware.  I don't think we've seen even the tip of the iceberg for what Sony (and probably MS) have in store for their machines.

tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Lawlight said:
tuscaniman99 said:

How many people buying the PS3 for the blu-ray playback? My guess is only a couple of million. What's your guess? Standalone blu-ray players became cheaper less than a year after the PS3 launched so a couple of million at most is about right.

And the developing countries still cannot afford a PS3 - it's not at the $129 to $149 price yet.

In other words, Sony will attract 100M hardcore or mainstream (not casual) gamers easily.