By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Video Review)

The game in general runs smooth, but the cut-scenes stutter like a mother fucker.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
pbroy said:
Do you beat your games before you review them?

Yes, i beat them before I review them.

I wanted to strangle someone when the cut-scenes came on. The game looks so good and runs so smooth when playing. It's like someone used java when it came to the cut-scenes. They need to fire the programmer.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Nsanity said:
The game in general runs smooth, but the cut-scenes stutter like a mother fucker.

Thought you weren't buying an Xbox One? Did you cave in?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
I wanted to strangle someone when the cut-scenes came on. The game looks so good and runs so smooth when playing. It's like someone used java when it came to the cut-scenes. They need to fire the programmer.

awwh, i enjoyed the cutscenes lol  It was noticeable though.  They're is only 27 people working at Press Play by the way and either way is really good cutscenes for such a small team compared to what indies are doing.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Wow, impressive intro :O

All credit goes to Hawkeyejonjon.  He is actually pretty good with this stuff.  He made some more intros and even worked on a new AUR video that will likely be posted soon :) 

toadslayer72 said:
You had me at Limbo....each time you said it. Good review dude, I'll be playing in a couple of days.

The thing is, Press Play actually is good friends with the developers of Limbo and actually worked below them.  They actaully asked for advice while making Max so if that gives you any indication on why they are so similar haha

Outzen also name-checks Éric Chahi's influential Another World in describing Max: The Curse of Brotherhood. "The first level in the game is called Another Land to send some respect to that old title," he says. The studio is good friends with Playdead, developer of the wonderful Limbo. Playdead used to live above Press Play's office on the fourth floor of Pilestræde 45 in Copenhagen, but the two still talk. "We used to have Christmas lunch with them, so of course we've been talking with them about how we do things." Indeed Swartout previously worked at Playdead. Underneath is Full Control, developer of the turn-based Space Hulk game. Interesting games are being made all around.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-19-how-max-made-his-way-to-xbox-one

Man I love this game, can't wait to 100% it

well made video. Very Impressed Jay

pbroy said:
Nsanity said:

Thought you weren't buying an Xbox One? Did you cave in?

I was watching my cousin playing the game on his console.