By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What wierd consoles do you own?

I have a Saturn, but it hasn't got much use lately.

I also have a Colecovision and a Nintendo R.O.B. stashed away in the closet, though I suppose the second really doesn't count as a "console."

EDIT: And I don't have it any more, but I used to own a Vectrex. That little system was pretty cool. I'm not sure if it beats Virtual Boy, but I've barely met anyone else who's even heard of the thing.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

I had an Atari Lynx, (well 2) I had to buy another after some buttons just stopped working, and then the same thing happened to the next one, very poorly made, but I still got a lot of fun out of it, did you ever see their game cartridges? They were like 1mm thick, pretty cool for back then, only they could not save data..

I have a Wii, it is really weird. The controller is just nutsy, and the analog stick doesn't work on the Wii Menu, therefore I have never gotten past it! The worst part is that it complains about me not having some kind of sensor bar put in! Why would I need that`? I'm sure it's just a gimmick.

Seriously: I have a box for something called Ultimax 64. I've seen some others in used sales and stuff too, but I've never even heard of the console...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Garcian Smith said:

I have a Saturn, but it hasn't got much use lately.

I also have a Colecovision and a Nintendo R.O.B. stashed away in the closet, though I suppose the second really doesn't count as a "console."

EDIT: And I don't have it any more, but I used to own a Vectrex. That little system was pretty cool. I'm not sure if it beats Virtual Boy, but I've barely met anyone else who's even heard of the thing.

My dad used to have vectrex, he sold it about a year ago for about £100

My most obscure machine is an APF-M1000.

Thought I had all North American 8-bit consoles until I heard of that one a few years ago.

I don't consider the Intellivision obscure, it was basically XBOX '80 from a market segment view! {smiley}

Around the Network

I had a TurboGrafx-16. Truth be told I have a lot of fond memories of that console. I can't wait till Legendary Axe is released :-S

I own a Vectrex and a Jaguar.

How the heck does this thread have 12 views only, when it has 16 posts?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I never really bought an odd console, but i do own a game gear, and it was great back in the day.