By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PS4 CPU is better than Xbone CPU?

You know what they say about assuming...

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
fatslob-:O said:
Soleron said:
fatslob-:O said:
Soleron said:
That's one benchmark, and it's not even relevant to a normal mix of game workloads.

You'll need far more evidence than that.

Games are mostly GPU limited so there's almost no point in placing high importance on awful jaguar cores. 

I mean, if you want to decide which CPU is better.

Not saying that's a useful question.

The core configurations from the PS4 and X1 are identical for the most. It`s just that PS4 is likely clocked around 16% higher I presume. That makes the PS4`s CPU part clocked at around 2 Ghz while the X1 was reported to be about 1.75 from major nelson. 

In summary the CPU part in both consoles are identical, it`s just that one is clocked higher than the other so I assume that the PS4s CPU is better.

Note: I will interpret that this test was done using all 8 cores. 

According to the article the graph is only for 1 CPU.

A CPU is the total silicon which means it`s likely referncing all available cores for use. It could be 6 or 8 but I don`t care. If the test was truly using just one core then why didn`t the core i7 dominate (By "dominate" I mean getting like 3x or 4x performance compared to the PS4.) ? I thought so ...

There are 2 possibilities about this 12 vs 14 surprising result:

- PS4 CPU is oc to 2Hz versus 1.75ghz for X1.
- PS4 CPU has 7 cores available for games versus 6 for X1.

But I doubt they overclocked the CPU to 2hz because of the heat generated. I would tend towards the 7 cores vs 6 cores simpler and easier explanation.

That heaviness of topic. Gives equal then it has been shown that power without control not worth for nothing ... heavy!

Noone cares anymore. The games are out and the OS are being used.

So far

Xbox One has the best graphics at launch and is the only console that can do true multitasking and snapping.

So far.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

So far

Xbox One has the best graphics at launch and is the only console that can do true multitasking and snapping.

So far.

You think because Ryse has arguably the best graphics that cancels out all other games having the best graphics on PS4
LOL

selnor1983 said:

So far

So far.

No. That is your opinion. Opinions dont matter here, my opinion: Killzone SF has the best console graphics ever. its a fact that one of the cpu's performs better at the task in the OP.

Both CPUs are kinda crap. XBone hardware is crap entirely.

~ Mod edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Turkish said:
selnor1983 said:

So far

So far.

No. That is your opinion. Opinions dont matter here, my opinion: Killzone SF has the best console graphics ever. its a fact that one of the cpu's performs better at the task in the OP.

I keep hearing this, but I have no proof on the screen. There in lies the problem.

selnor1983 said:

So far

So far.

You mean because of those 2 games?