By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you know how you have to behave when you see one of these?

Tagged games:

Gilipollas, mira por donde vas!

That's the standard greeting when you're in one of those in Spain.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Gilipollas, mira por donde vas!

That's the standard greeting when you're in one of those in Spain.

En Canarias, lo clásico es que te digan:

"uhhh, si voy por el carril de la izquierda, puedo tomar la salida de la izquierda, subnormal."

padib said:
Play song of storms on your ocarina while driving.

That would be great, but the fine for playing ocarina while driving is over $200

Honestly we have really few of them around here so I'd be slightly confused in a big one.

Roundabout wins, but ofcourse they didn't test it with half assed roundabouts like this one

Roundabouts are a lot more fun to drive then 4-way stops, 3 turn chicanes, great for hypermiling :)

We have relatively many of those around here so yes, I know how to behave in one. That said, multilane ones confuse be a bit as they're not all that common.

Around the Network
Wright said:
nnodley said:

OT:  Yes I know what to do and am fine driving in them, but damn if they are not the most annoying things sometimes.  But they are good for keeping traffic moving. 

Agreed. Roundabouts are a great concept, but flawed execution when drivers are useless on it. There's no point of trying to keep the traffic moving when people crash in there because they don't have any idea what to do.

And I blame the driver, not the roundabout.

Yeah it's most definitely the drivers fault rather than the roundabout.  They really are easy to get past.  The first time is kinda freaky, but after that it's smooth sailing usually.

I've only driven though one in my life. I would cause problems.

Honestly, where I live, they're going away from four way stops. Now they're building separate turning lanes for each side of the road.

Enough with the jokes. It means "safe ocean, sharks patrolling the area".

Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:
Single lane ones, sure. Multilane ones would confuse the snot out of me.

Well, it's not that difficult. Unless you're in UK, Australia, Hong Kong or Japan, you either drive on the right lane, and so you get with your car into the right lane of the roundabout (from where you can go to whatever exit you want), or, if you're driving on the left lane, you CAREFULLY get your car into the left lane of the roundabout THEN you proceed to get yourself into the right lane without disturbing the traffic, and THEN you get out of the roundabout.

You seem to have a very limited imagination when it comes to just how fucked up roundabouts can be, if you think you can just solve the problem by driving on the right lane There is a roundabout that's next to my work. Damn, is it extreme. 7 streets meet there and if you're not from the city, you'll have no clue where to go, which lane to choose and what to do and the traffic is always fierce there. It has from a single lane to 5 lanes, depending on the part, it has a bus pass and there is no way in hell you can go round and roung on the right lane The thing is, when you know it, it works perfectly, there are nearly no collisions there and I really can't imagine a better solution for this place, but I just feel for people who have to go through it and don't know it... It's like rolling a dice, they can end up on any random street

PS. I believe Rol said "close your eyes and go through", or my German is worse than I though

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

You seem to have a very limited imagination when it comes to just how fucked up roundabouts can be, if you think you can just solve the problem by driving on the right lane There is a roundabout that's next to my work. Damn, is it extreme. 7 streets meet there and if you're not from the city, you'll have no clue where to go, which lane to choose and what to do and the traffic is always fierce there. It has from a single lane to 5 lanes, depending on the part, it has a bus pass and there is no way in hell you can go round and roung on the right lane The thing is, when you know it, it works perfectly, there are nearly no collisions there and I really can't imagine a better solution for this place, but I just feel for people who have to go through it and don't know it... It's like rolling a dice, they can end up on any random street

PS. I believe Rol said "close your eyes and go through", or my German is worse than I though

o.O Those are some fucked up roundabouts.