By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you (like to) beat your games 100%: Or "Are you hardcore enough?"

I'll try and complete 100% if there is some benefit, like a secret ending or something (ala KH1 and 2).

But majority of times, I do what I want until I'm bored or get stressed or buy a new game. Last 2 games I've bought though I've not completed.

I'm back on Crash bandicoot 2 for the PS1 and at 94% and intend on getting 100% (without guides), I've never been bother to go about 90% before.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I don't care if there is some benefit to beating a game 100%. I just do it X_X

Did you 100% Sunshine? That was the hardest game I ever completed 100%.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I have never set myself a goal to finish the game 100%, but I think I have with some games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Nah. I don't really care about optional content. I'll normally just blast through the game's main areas and call it a day.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I almost never finish 100%, but always get close.

Ocarina of time: I'd get all the heart pieces, collectables.... but not all the skulltulas.

F-Zero, I'd beat everything apart from the staff ghost time trials.

Mario games I'd tend to do 100%. It depends how minor the final challenges are. I try to complete the significant gameplay elements.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Soriku said:

I don't own Sunshine.

Am I missing something? I thought you were a fellow Gamecube fan. Why didn't you buy it?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Soriku said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Soriku said:

I don't own Sunshine.

Am I missing something? I thought you were a fellow Gamecube fan. Why didn't you buy it?

I never had an urge to buy it. =/ Is it linear like SMG or no?

Hell no it's not linear. Think Mario 64 with a badass flood pack.  

Soriku said:
Garcian Smith said:
Nah. I don't really care about optional content. I'll normally just blast through the game's main areas and call it a day.

Even games that are easy to complete 100%?

Well, what's an example of a game that's easy to complete 100%?

Otherwise, yep. The busy life of a grad student doesn't leave much time for finding and completing optional content. There are times when I do play through some extra stuff - I got all of the optional stars in Super Mario Galaxy, not including the purple coin levels, for example - but those are usually only when that content is both easy enough to find and as interesting as the main content.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Not really . I usually beat the story-mode and than unlock the easy extras ... than comes another game :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

360 Achievements makes gives gamers a sense of accomplishment.