By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tonight, a PlayStation Exec Was Moved to Tears

Tonight, a PlayStation Exec Was Moved to Tears

Console launches are emotional events—for gamers and game makers. And tonight in Seoul, one PlayStation exec broke down and wept.

This is Shiro Kawauchi, the head of Sony Computer Entertainment Korea. Speaking in his native Japanese and getting choked up in the process, Kawauchi talks about how PlayStation fans have been waiting days for the PS4 launch event and recalls meeting gamers throughout the country. It all appears very inspiring!

"I truly thank you for coming out today in this cold weather," said Kawauchi. Then, in Korean, Kawauchi added, "I love you all. Please show your love for PlayStation 4 as well. Thank you!"1

It feels like there's so much more at play here. Relations between South Korea and Japan have soured, and this is a country where PC gaming rules and consoles don't. Here, a Japanese Sony employee appears genuinely moved by Korean PlayStation fans—something that's so evident even if you don't speak either language.2

This is one of those moments when you say, aren't video games wonderful? Yes, yes they are.

PlayStation4 Launch [Plog Admin@YouTube, Thanks Sang!]

Source: http://kotaku.com/tonight-a-playstation-exec-was-moved-to-tears-1484794348?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Around the Network

They launched the PS4 in Korea?

I wonder what its like to love what you do for a living.

Sounds like he is passionate person for what he does. Nice story for a change!

Tears because of a launch of a machine thats already launched in other countries?

This post was moderated and gif was removed by axum

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I already like this guy :)

Also I didn't know japan and S-korean relationship was like that

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

Tears because of a launch of a machine thats already launched in other countries?

reported

mM
leo-j said:
kirby007 said:

reported

would do the same if it was a ms or nintendo exe, get of your high horse

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

melbye said:

Yes this week is Asia PS4 launch week...

17th Korea & Hong Kong

18th Taiwan

19th Singapore

20th Malaysia

Follow by the rest of asia region...

HokageTenshi said:
melbye said:

Yes this week is Asia PS4 launch week...

17th Korea & Hong Kong

18th Taiwan

19th Singapore

20th Malaysia

Follow by the rest of asia region...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Awwww that is soooo cute! Oh look 2 rainbow! /cries