By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does anybody collect retro games.

I don't collect retro games,but I've been thinking about it. There's a game exchange store close to were I live and they have these weird retro systems. One of them plays nes,snes and sega genisis games. It's only $75 bucks. The only problem is lack of time,so I would'nt be fully commited to it. So,any retro gamers out there?

Around the Network

I kinda do. The only problem is that I live in Brazil, so my collection is quite limited thanks to absurd prices.

I'm not a collector, but i still got my snes and a lot of games for it. It was my first console and i still like al the old school games :). I use to had huge bazooka for the snes to bad my mom sold it when i was young because i drained a lot of batteries :P

I do.
Mostly Genesis, Saturn, and PS1 for me.

luizje said:
I'm not a collector, but i still got my snes and a lot of games for it. It was my first console and i still like al the old school games :). I use to had huge bazooka for the snes to bad my mom sold it when i was young because i drained a lot of batteries :P

Whole shit! I haven't seen on eof those since forever! :D :D

Around the Network

I got nearly 6,000 games ranging from 1980's to 2005. Dont bother with anything after that, over priced and under performing gameplay wise

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

I used to but a big change in circumstances has meant most of it has now been sold.

You can't beat playing games on their original hardware (so long as you have the correct AV cables for the consoles to have the best output) however backwards compatibility means it's easier than every to sample previous gaming greatness legitimately.

I wouldn't recommend getting a new "retro" system though. They're generally not very good and have hardware issues such as poor audio quality which IMO kills the experience.

Mega Drive and SNES are 2 very good starting points :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

i was collecting n64 games and ps2 games for a while but i've moved to buying silver seems more worth it but collecting games was fun.. going into thrift shops finding the cheap games u can re sell for lots of profit then buy the game again lol..

My collection isn't nearly as good as it used to be but I collect pretty much anything Sega. Still play my Dreamcast and Genesis on a weekly basis. Occasionally I'll dust off the Game Gear.

Not anymore, I want to concentrate only on new games.