By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't think PS4 demand is as high as we are lead to believe.

Demand is not as high as Xbone because no one is paying this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174559&page=1#4 much to buy it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Internet perception vs reality.....things never change.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

How stupid can someone be to pay more than retail price for PS4. I feel sorry for those people.

It can't be great for Xbox One then.

But anyway. Maybe, people weren't ready for new home consoles just yet. I know i ain't. It's all nice but i can wait at least two more years.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Thousands of views, over a hundred responses. I created great discussion!

No regrets! We had a lot of fun guys, that's what its all about.

Anyone can make a great "discussion" by talking about the first thing that pops to their mind. It's nothing special really. This thread, among recent others from you, is one of those types of threads.

It's obvious you're not interested in genuine discussion as you ignore the most valid objections...but that's not so bad. But of you're going to make these types of threads, I would expect a bit more creativity & thought, especially from someone who has been here for so long. Doing so would make the thread more interesting, even whilst your true intentions were obvious. Is this too much too ask?

Yes.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

ok so the walmart tracker apprenently isnt in real time, all the stores in my area say they have them in stock but when i call the stores which was after going to 2 different ones to find that they didnt have them in stock anymore, the stores i called all tell me they had them in the morning but have no more. Im trying to get a second PS4 one for living room one for basement.

BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
Of course it's not as high as portrayed here. Most people here are Playstation enthusiasts.

Demand for both consoles is high and supplies are not meeting it. Console launch 101. But the lengths some go on here regarding demand, lol. Isn't there a thread about a waiting list at almost 2 million for PS4 versus like half a million for Xbone? lol.

I don't understand why anyone would sell on Ebay. Not only is it risky as Ebay bends over backwards for buyers, but after Ebay/Paypal fees and shipping, you barely break even on your sale. One of my friends sold one for $560 including shipping. That's $56 gone to Ebay and another $20 for Paypal. After shipping all the way across the country, he made $450. He made less than $20 on the sale. Just slap it on Craigslist for $500. People will pay and you still make a decent profit.

We'll never really know what the demand for either console is right now, simply because there aren't enough consoles to go around. If you wanna buy bundles, you can buy either console online right now and have been able to for awhile. But most don't wanna buy bundles, and most don't shop online. And at retail it's a crap shoot to find either console. As I said in another thread, someone posted a link to search local Walmart stores and something like 10 of the 14 local stores were in stock but I bet if I called, maybe a couple would actually have one. And I have seen exactly 0 Xbox Ones since a couple days after launch. But if I called around enough? Would be just like the PS4, would probably eventually find one.

Instead of a constant dick measuring contest, lets just be happy that both consoles are having great launches and the industry isn't dying like many people believe/believed it will/would. We could always have more Wii U situations. I am glad the consoles are selling well.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/us/indiana-iraq-vet-ipad-slaying/

on a high profile item like this, I don't think so. This is just an isolated incident, but I'd like to point out that even "being smart with a Craigslist purchase" can be dangerous. This happened to someone in broad daylight in a parking lot in the middle of a neighborhood. And to a freaking Marine, no less.

Who cares about craig's list or ebay, if I wanted an xb1 I could have gotten one from 3 different places this week (Walmart, Futureshop. Best Buy....) Now either MS are making tons of them, or it's headed in the same direction as the Wii U... I hope for them it's not the case, but at the same time as a PS4 owner I feel like there is a better chance of multi platform games taking full advantage of the extra humph the PS4 has demonstrated so far!

In all these places PS4s were nowhere to be seen... (I was looking to pickup one for a friend...)

alabtrosMyster said:
BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:
Of course it's not as high as portrayed here. Most people here are Playstation enthusiasts.

Demand for both consoles is high and supplies are not meeting it. Console launch 101. But the lengths some go on here regarding demand, lol. Isn't there a thread about a waiting list at almost 2 million for PS4 versus like half a million for Xbone? lol.

I don't understand why anyone would sell on Ebay. Not only is it risky as Ebay bends over backwards for buyers, but after Ebay/Paypal fees and shipping, you barely break even on your sale. One of my friends sold one for $560 including shipping. That's $56 gone to Ebay and another $20 for Paypal. After shipping all the way across the country, he made $450. He made less than $20 on the sale. Just slap it on Craigslist for $500. People will pay and you still make a decent profit.

We'll never really know what the demand for either console is right now, simply because there aren't enough consoles to go around. If you wanna buy bundles, you can buy either console online right now and have been able to for awhile. But most don't wanna buy bundles, and most don't shop online. And at retail it's a crap shoot to find either console. As I said in another thread, someone posted a link to search local Walmart stores and something like 10 of the 14 local stores were in stock but I bet if I called, maybe a couple would actually have one. And I have seen exactly 0 Xbox Ones since a couple days after launch. But if I called around enough? Would be just like the PS4, would probably eventually find one.

Instead of a constant dick measuring contest, lets just be happy that both consoles are having great launches and the industry isn't dying like many people believe/believed it will/would. We could always have more Wii U situations. I am glad the consoles are selling well.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/us/indiana-iraq-vet-ipad-slaying/

on a high profile item like this, I don't think so. This is just an isolated incident, but I'd like to point out that even "being smart with a Craigslist purchase" can be dangerous. This happened to someone in broad daylight in a parking lot in the middle of a neighborhood. And to a freaking Marine, no less.

Who cares about craig's list or ebay, if I wanted an xb1 I could have gotten one from 3 different places this week (Walmart, Futureshop. Best Buy....) Now either MS are making tons of them, or it's headed in the same direction as the Wii U... I hope for them it's not the case, but at the same time as a PS4 owner I feel like there is a better chance of multi platform games taking full advantage of the extra humph the PS4 has demonstrated so far!

In all these places PS4s were nowhere to be seen... (I was looking to pickup one for a friend...)

dat grave dig lol

It isn't!

Oh puggs.