By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ***An Unbiased Review (Ps3-sales!) - Puppeteer***

It was something like this for me aswell. Had to select among a lot of games on that release date and i skipped it at that time. I'll wait for the Christmas deals and then get it.

Around the Network

Great review!

I really don't understand why they didn't make this a PSV game though -_- This would have been a perfect vita game.

I still have this on gamefly and havent made time to play it. If it was on Vita though xD

-CraZed- said:
Puppeteer is a fantastic game that my whole family enjoyed. I actually miss it after selling my PS3 to offset my PS4. I hope they make it available on PS4 some day so I can replay it.

You sold your ps3? :(  I could never do that.  Not just because ive loved my PS3 for games like MGS4 and Uncharted but there is also still stuff coming to it like Persona xD

JayWood2010 said:
-CraZed- said:
Puppeteer is a fantastic game that my whole family enjoyed. I actually miss it after selling my PS3 to offset my PS4. I hope they make it available on PS4 some day so I can replay it.

You sold your ps3? :(  I could never do that.  Not just because ive loved my PS3 for games like MGS4 and Uncharted but there is also still stuff coming to it like Persona xD

It was a hard decision but I love new tech and have been hyped for a PS4 since its reveal.HAd to do it or the wife would have shut me down on my PS4 purchase. I'm having fun with my PS4 and looking forward to Gaikai to play those PS3 jewels I will miss.

-CraZed- said:
JayWood2010 said:

It was a hard decision but I love new tech and have been hyped for a PS4 since its reveal.HAd to do it or the wife would have shut me down on my PS4 purchase. I'm having fun with my PS4 and looking forward to Gaikai to play those PS3 jewels I will miss.

Well as long as youre enjoying your ps4 that is all that matters :)  Im sure itll be a spectacular console like the PS3 as well.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
-CraZed- said:
JayWood2010 said:

Well as long as youre enjoying your ps4 that is all that matters :)  Im sure itll be a spectacular console like the PS3 as well.

It better be or will be sad!

"I'm playing Puppeteer right now and the ONLY complaint I have is the cutscenes tend to run long but they're a hell of a lot of fun just to watch to be honest and the gameplay is FANTASTIC. I'm a huge Ratchet fan but as far as pure platforming (Ratchet has a large action/adventure quality in it) Puppeteer is my new king of the 7th gen and nothing else is really close (Rayman Origins previously held the honor). Hell it's probably my favorite platformer EVER, and if my name isn't noticeable I like platformers a lot. I could watch someone play that game and be mesmorized, it's THAT stylized. The gameplay doesn't suffer one bit though. The scenery and art style ADD to the gameplay in a way I've never seen before. It's the biggest crime of the generation that this didn't sell more. It's an absolute MASTERPIECE and I rarely use that word. I have never played a game that blended style and substance so perfectly and maintained an emotional high for...well I haven't come down yet (just finished Act 3). Can't talk any more. Gotta get back to this freaking game that I just had to wait till right before finals to get!"

Me from my thread on Puppeteer. It still holds true now that I've finished it. Just a truly magical game and that's probably the first time I've ever used that word for a game. It truly made me feel like a kid again which Ratchet and Clank had only been able to do recently. Don't get me wrong other games charm me in different ways, more mature ways, but this is very unique

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

This game looked great when they first showed it to us at the PS event at E3. Too bad I don't own a PS3 to play it :(

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I actually forgot this game existed,this would have made a great Vita game.

I had fun with the game. The visuals, live puppet show theme was quite well done. I had problems with them constantly interrupting the flow of the gameplay with never ending dialogue. Now that seems to work well in some other genres but in a platformer it becomes quite distracting.

The platforming in itself was not all that well done and i felt it was a game made to look like a platformer set in 2D space but didn't felt like one in its mechanics. The missions ranged from very cool to some never ending drags. The characters you meet on each of the levels were interesting and you could unlock their story and access it from another menu. It real like a dark fairy tail.

At times i was annoyed by Pikarina, the fairy companion but she was quite charming overall. So, in the end my thoughts were that it is a good game but not a solid platformer.

Another massive flop on PS3 as everyone went on and bought GTA5. On the other hand, Sony was stupid to release it so close to such a major game. Although, i appreciate Sony supporting PS3 and that i got to play this game. It would have been better as a launch game for PS4. I mean certainly a stronger game than Knack.