By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chilling video game lines?

I'm pretty sure we've all had lines in video games that, for one reason or another, give us chills, unsettle us, or just plain creep us out. What were these moments for you?

I have a few that really creeped me out.

In Fallout 2 during oneof Hakunin's visions he says, "A strange mist stole their minds and sent them to the land of sleep."  I dunno why it creeps me out so much but it always did as a kid.

Also, in Silent Hill 3, when Vincent looks at you and says, "Monsters...they look like monsters to you?"

]

Around the Network

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for Wii. Near the beginning when you first have to deal with the things that chase you. You get a phone call from your daughter. Hold the Wiimote speaker up to your head like a phone, and your daughter says something along the line of "Run Daddy.. You can't hurt them.." The whole world turns to ice and away you go!

*shudder*

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

That line always gets me. *shudder*

" What a horrible night to have a curse...."

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Alan Wake had some awesome lines, can't remember them well enough to quote here but I remember being chilled the first time you meet The Taken.

Around the Network

About half of the lines in Demento/Haunting Ground qualify. The bad guys being a bunch of crazy lunatics, psychopaths or rapists help.

"Blood, flesh woman. You vile creature. You lure the man into your filthy body again and again... And you are allowed to do that because you are a precious, precious little princess. Precious... precious little princess." *Licks glass shard and bleeds through eyes while smiling*

"I am not complete."

"Let me into your womb!"

Edit - Probably plenty of things SHODAN says in System Shock games. And this is only from the few videos I've watched.

"Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!"

Grafh, Xenogears

''Hadouken!''

"Why did she have to be sacrificed? Is god dead...? Is he just not there...? Maybe god never existed to begin with! ... If god doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!"

Krelian, Xenogears

''Hadouken!''

"By the way, there was another person heading towards the Marshes.
Without a Chocobo, the Midgar Zolom probably got him. It was a man in a Black Cape."

Choco Bill, FF7

Back then I thought ooooh shit, a man in a black cape! That must be Sephiroth!

And then you cross the marshes and see what he has done to a Midgar Zolom.. and you think holy shit!

''Hadouken!''

Metal Gear Solid: "Sure, Snake has killed a lot of people but that doesn't mean he's a bad person."