By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finally played both consoles!! Warning CONTROVERSIAL THREAD

I've seen both consoles at a friends house, got to spend a good amount of time with each, and while the SuperNES is defiitely a powerhouse, the Sega Genesis was the only machine out of the two that actaully made me feel like I was interacting with something 'cool'.

We played Earthworm Jim on both systems and there's no doubt which one looked better. The SNES version. Played Super Mario World also and can't really say I was all that impressed by it. Great grafx, but not really enough going on to make it feel like the best platformer of the gen. Sorta boring after a couple days. Get the mushroom, jump on a goomba, get to the castle, repeat. Cruised around SNES demo cartridge for a bit and there simply wasn't all that much to do, to interact with. 
It just feels like a more powerful NES

The Genesis on the other hand, the downgrade in Earthworm Jim grafx notwithstanding, truly felt cool to me. Let me explain that a little bit. Every gamer understands that better graphics won't equate to a better experience, it's the level of interaction you have with the game that matters, and that holds true with the consoles themselves.

Nintendo, again, brought a monster console to the masses, a graphical beast, but did so at the cost of innovation and fun. No one buys a console anymore to just play kid games. Those that think they're having fun are fooling themselves, intentionally, and doing so in an attempt to downplay the advantages that the competitor has. 
And this is where the Genesis really shines against the SNES:
"What kinds of games it has, the maturity level, what it offers is a complete package."

The Genesis, right now, can play games the SNES simply can't and will never be able to. 
Mortal Kombat on Genesis is awesome, play your game with blood, and fatalities, or rip out your friends heart and eat it... the same game, or something different? Nope, not on SuperNintendo.
Sega CD. We must have spent 45 minutes or so just listening to music CDs, some just a few minutes before we put on another one... everything from Weird Al, to Guns and Roses, and it plays games that are so fun, they blow SNES out of the water, like Dragon's Lair.
It was all amazingly fast, intuitive, and seamlessly accessible right there on the console.
Blast Processing. Say what you want about it, hate on it if it makes you feel better, but the thing is simply awesome and a huge advantage for the Genesis.

Sega does what Nintendon't.

Around the Network

One is made by a company that I expect in the future to go out of the console race. Think about it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

And look at how everyone sees the SNES now!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

HAHAHA.

But have you seen Mega Man X?

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

LOL. Brilliant thread.

You really deserve a medal. No, a golden medal. No, no.. a golden trophy.

We really need some fun on these forums

Yeah right, Genesis doesn't even support four face buttons. Sega better release a patch for that, or they're gonna be dead in the water.

Also, Genesis only supports 61 simultaneous colors. SNES? 256.

Fucking Sega fanboys, so blind lol

o m f g I lol'd how much did you friend get trading in their SNES for the Megadrive outta interest?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Had to check the timestamp to make sure this thread wasn't started in 1991.

Haha thats some funny stuff ,you gotta see the light side of these things