By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo eShop US or Canada

So, I'm from central america and with the new 3ds system update I wont be able to change regions if I want to use miiverse.

The US eshop does not accept my credit card but I can buy codes via gamesupply, on the other hand I can use my credit card in the canadian eshop.

Help me decide US or Canada

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Around the Network

Sounds like going Canadian would be the less painful of the two. No point in having to use a middle man to buy games.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I say Canada. If you ever have the need to buy a game and for whatever reason you can't buy a download card you still have that second option. 

Edit: now that I think about it...it's kinda funny that, in Nintendo's eyes, I'm Canadian haha

Nintendo and PC gamer

Pretty sure the content is the same on both. Actually, isn't it just one eshop for North America?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

La Canada

Around the Network

So you can't switch your location now? I heard it was easier to get things from the Canadian e-shop because it can be cheaper and it accepts most credit and debit cards.

Canada

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Canada cause we don't judge where you live... Silly eshop and your regions...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Canada

Thanks, I'm 1/4 Canadian now

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?