By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 dev: 'the game graphic quality exceeds trailer graphic quality'

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/10/developer-the-order-1886s-graphic-quality-exceeds-trailer?abthid=52a766cf042442dd48000028

In terms of big PlayStation 4 exclusives in 2014, the landscape’s a bit barren. We have the eagerly-anticipated title from Sucker Punch – Infamous: Second Son – coming in March, the delayed launch game Driveclub coming at some point, and The Order: 1886, which appears to be coming in the fall.

Speaking of The Order: 1886, the studio behind it -- Ready at Dawn -- has been flexing its graphical muscles. Its introductory trailer from E3, seen below, runs in-game, and Ready at Dawn’s presentation at Gamescom 2013 showed-off its impressive tech.

In a Twitter conversation with a fan, Andrea Pessino, who is Founder and Chief Technical Officer of Ready at Dawn, noted that the trailer’s incredible graphics are set to be surpassed by the actual game. “of [sic] course I am biased[,] but yeah… graphic fidelity definitely exceeds the trailer,” he wrote. “You’ll see…”

I'm cautiously optimistic that Ready at Dawn can really make the in-game graphics better than those of the trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FK8dgzW0o8

Hopefully they can deliver and give us a jaw-dropping experience. 

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Around the Network

Then expect it to be a short game that's on rails. That's the only way this could be possible on a realistic budget.

definitely looking forward top this one

Excellent trailer looking forward to some gameplay, This might be the game that forces me to buy a PS4.

Love the setting, especially as I don't work too far from Whitechapel :)

The video services in the internet are starting to look useless because the low quality... that was not a problem with the PS360 graphics but now with PS4 and Xbone it will be an unfair show of the game.

We need better video services or play the game live to know the real quality.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Then expect it to be a short game that's on rails. That's the only way this could be possible on a realistic budget.

As awesome as it looks, I'm not gonna touch anything for 60$ that's less than 10 Hours long.

4 ≈ One

Soleron said:

Well their last game came out late 2010, although they did develop the GoW: Origins Collection in 2011 but that probably didn't take no more than 3 months to create. With The Order 1886 looking to have a late 2014 release we can assume that it will have 3+ years in development which means it's a very large budget game and will be a good 10-12 hours long.

Also the game will not be as linear or 'on-rails' as the Uncharted games for example, If I remember correctly Ready at Dawn said they were inspired by Naughty Dogs 'open-linear' design in The Last of Us, so even though The Order 1886 is a linear story driven game it is by no means on rails.

I think it's going to be an amazing game, everytime I read or hear anything new about the gameplay, visuals, story & characters I get more excited.

JustThatGamer said:
Soleron said:

Well their last game came out late 2010, although they did develop the GoW: Origins Collection in 2011 but that probably didn't take no more than 3 months to create. With The Order 1886 looking to have a late 2014 release we can assume that it will have 3+ years in development which means it's a very large budget game and will be a good 10-12 hours long.

Also the game will not be as linear or 'on-rails' as the Uncharted games for example, If I remember correctly Ready at Dawn said they were inspired by Naughty Dogs 'open-linear' design in The Last of Us, so even though The Order 1886 is a linear story driven game it is by no means on rails.

I think it's going to be an amazing game, everytime I read or hear anything new about the gameplay, visuals, story & characters I get more excited.

Well..... then they'll lose LOTS of money when it doesn't sell the 6-8m they're obviously projecting.

Soleron said:
JustThatGamer said:
Soleron said:

Well..... then they'll lose LOTS of money when it doesn't sell the 6-8m they're obviously projecting.

Where have they projected that?

Pics or it didn't happen.