By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima 'Can't Carry MGS Forward for Another 25 Years'

The MGS rising was Meh at best. They should just kill it after 5 if this is the case.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
i hate the fact that all these awesome Legendary devs aren't gonna live forever.
i fear the day the worst will happen, Miyamoto will resign ):

It's sad but it's really necessary too.

These legendary devs having a huge clout is actually one of the reasons Japan has fallen behind in games dev....not much new blood or new talent is given the opportunity to move things forward & to shine. I'm glad Kojima is looking for new talent to take the helm.

I wish Kojima could stay as creative/excellent as he was in the 1990's...but he can't so change should be welcomed. And if its handpicked by him all the better!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Vikki said:
They really should have wrapped up the series after 4 IMO.

I would have to agree.  If 5 is awesome, though I will of course change my mind.

then stop making games after you said the latest one was supposed to be the last.

MGS3 was supposed to be the last. Then MGS4. Then Peace Walker. Just stop

Good now make ZoE 3 already with 64 players in multiplayer.

Around the Network
maximus22 said:
Vikki said:
They really should have wrapped up the series after 4 IMO.

I would have to agree.  If 5 is awesome, though I will of course change my mind.

Hopefully it'll be as good as 4, but I feel the series really hit it's peak with 3.

]

Man i hate his Attitude. He's similar to molyneux in always hyping his game up.....with nothing!

I love Metal gear......but its always "this will be my last one, have to move on". Then half a Year After Release he self indulgintly celbrates himself and his genius; telling the world almighty Kojima took over the helm again.

Seeing how mgs 3 had difficulties applying the mg gameplay to a new world, or problems with evolving whatsoever (mgs 4 innovation was in storytelling, not in anything you can do with ur joypad) I would love him to leave it to new people......it all went downhill after mgs 1....probably the last good and 'filmable' story

Metal Gear has had a great run, so I would be OK with the series winding down in 2014. Some series can go on forever, but Metal Gear isn't one of them.

I'd really like to see what Kojima could do in his post-Metal Gear career. He's a brilliant game maker, second only to Miyamoto.