By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii fit will not make you fit.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/miyamoto-wii-fit-is-not-designed-to-make-you-fit/19355

Myimaoto himself said that. Its supposed to make you more aware of your body. So those of you who expected to lose weight from this can save themselves some money or buy a gym pass.

Around the Network

Clearly anyone with intelligence knows the only way to get fit is to exercise like a maniac

Yes

You can use WiiSports to lose weight - you just have to reduce your food intake. Actually, I lost 70lbs by cutting my food intake in half - from 6K daily calories to just over 3K - and I lost weight like a crackhead.

6000 calories?! How on earth did you eat that much per day?

Wii Fit doesn't make you fit?

That's news to me.

Sincerely,

The sky is blue

Around the Network

So Elvis is not dead, he's alive and playing video games!

Even 3K is quite many, but 6K is insane.

madskillz WAS a fatarse : )

j/k

Atkins Diet is awsome for weightloss, just don't try switching back off of it too fast, it will cause you to gain weight quick. You have to phaze your way off of it. And if you eat unhealthy you are gonna gain weight regardless.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

ferret1603 said:
6000 calories?! How on earth did you eat that much per day?

Easy ... I ate a lot of food. I would get like two Whoppers, King size fries and big drink for lunch. I ate a ton but that's the way of the South. Now, I am in the Southwest and have learned how to eat. I eat when I am hungry - and can't even eat as much as I used to. I am gonna drop to 2K soon - and hit 180.

The thing about losing weight? You have to eat to your weight. The Wii will help you stay active - but eating right is key. 

Does this thread really have to be made at least once every month?

Hes only saying that so that people dont expect to lose weight, this doesnt mean that people wont lose wight using it, for example an obese woman was prescribed a wii sports workout and lost like 10 stone in a year from it (with a healthy diet aswell)