By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Lost Odyssey Thread

Bingoo said:
Not in america, unless the ps3 sales increase will either of those reach a million

the PS3's sales are increasing since it is the cheapest blu ray player and also MGS4, FFXIII, and GT5 will probably be killer apps which I wouldn't be suprised if they really were

Around the Network

Im into the fourth disk. I can't wait to see the ending, but at the same time im horrified that this wonderful gaming experience will be over.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

wow starcraft that was fast

also we will see how big these killer aps are cause it will be a while before they are even out

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Yeah, very very fast starcraft! I'm barely on disc 3 and I've had the game longer than you. I haven't had a chance to play for about a week though :( Will play some tonight probably.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

How long is this game? I beat the 1st disc in less than 10 hours......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

35-50 hours every reviewer said, it matters if you rush it or take your time

i was at 11 hours for the first disc..

I am about 7 and a half hours in I could probably get on to disk two tomorrow

My impressions of the game:

It's good. I'm at the Crimson Forest (Basically the end of Disc 1). I've unlocked four achievements (One for making a ring, one for linking a spell, one for three perfects, and another one that I can't remember) for 110 points.

The voice acting, localization, and music are all great. The problem is that there are too many cutscenes in this game. No wonder it took up four discs. I've been playing for seven hours and eleven minutes, and at least two to three hours has been cutscenes. The load times on the game are also fairly long, in contrast to many other XBOX 360 games, that don't have that problem. The animations at the start of each battle are also tiresome, as I feel I have better things to do than watch Jansen push his staff into the ground, or say some stupid saying.

Now the good. The if you've played an old-school game, this is it. It reminds me so much of my PS1 JRPGs that it isn't funny. And if you loved FFVII as much as I do, you'll feel right at home. The graphics are okay, but that freaky hair thing they do (Like seths) makes it look like a PS2 game. How they have the hair right on the head, then they have flat polygons with no depth ont he top, so if you see Seth from behind, it looks like she has flat hair standing up. They did that on FFXII, but that was acceptable, since it was the PS2, but for an XBOX 360 game, that could hae been better. Hmm... I know this was the good section but there isn't much good to it, except for...

THE STORY. OMG this story is so awesome. At first I didn't like it, but nearing the end of disc one when you find out that Kaim is... then it get's even more awesomer (I know it's not a word). It makes the first two hours of cutscenes worth it, because now you're beginning to put the story together. And the character production is top notch. Personalities abound, and it's great. One gripe is that Jansen's pic when in the menu is god-awful.

For those of you who bought the game, and didn't finish disc one yet, when you get near the end of it, it will make you want to keep on playing the game. That is all that I can say, just stick it out... AND DON'T SKIP THE CUTSCENES!

DMeisterJ said:
My impressions of the game:

It's good. I'm at the Crimson Forest (Basically the end of Disc 1). I've unlocked four achievements (One for making a ring, one for linking a spell, one for three perfects, and another one that I can't remember) for 110 points.

The voice acting, localization, and music are all great. The problem is that there are too many cutscenes in this game. No wonder it took up four discs. I've been playing for seven hours and eleven minutes, and at least two to three hours has been cutscenes. The load times on the game are also fairly long, in contrast to many other XBOX 360 games, that don't have that problem. The animations at the start of each battle are also tiresome, as I feel I have better things to do than watch Jansen push his staff into the ground, or say some stupid saying.

Now the good. The if you've played an old-school game, this is it. It reminds me so much of my PS1 JRPGs that it isn't funny. And if you loved FFVII as much as I do, you'll feel right at home. The graphics are okay, but that freaky hair thing they do (Like seths) makes it look like a PS2 game. How they have the hair right on the head, then they have flat polygons with no depth ont he top, so if you see Seth from behind, it looks like she has flat hair standing up. They did that on FFXII, but that was acceptable, since it was the PS2, but for an XBOX 360 game, that could hae been better. Hmm... I know this was the good section but there isn't much good to it, except for...

THE STORY. OMG this story is so awesome. At first I didn't like it, but nearing the end of disc one when you find out that Kaim is... then it get's even more awesomer (I know it's not a word). It makes the first two hours of cutscenes worth it, because now you're beginning to put the story together. And the character production is top notch. Personalities abound, and it's great. One gripe is that Jansen's pic when in the menu is god-awful.

For those of you who bought the game, and didn't finish disc one yet, when you get near the end of it, it will make you want to keep on playing the game. That is all that I can say, just stick it out... AND DON'T SKIP THE CUTSCENES!

the story is indeed starting to get really good though I have to disagree with you on the graphics.  The environments are great-looking.

the game is really gorgeous, besides the hair -_- but besides that all the animations look great and creature design is fantastic.