By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Lost Odyssey Thread

I'm really enjoying this one. I typically dislike JRPGs. The dialoge is a bit cheesy at times but the voice talent actually manages to make most of it quite amusing. They owe the guy doing Jensen a lot. The story so far is engaging and entertaining. The dream books are well written for the most part and do a good job of giving you a connection to Kiam althoug I am begining to tire of reading some of them.

Combat is fun despite its use of random monster ecounters. The ring system achieves its purpose of making you feel involed in the combat not just watching it as an obsever. I do find the 3 camera angles and one liners while loading a bit anoying. The skill link system is interesting but I'd like more control over character developement. There is not much you can do to customize the mortals.

I'm not seeing the frame rate issues people keep mentioning. For the most part everyting I have seen so far has been smooth. Just started disc 2 about 3 hrs ago. I love the art style. Its a very beautiful game. The fixed camera is a bit irritating but I have not seen it cause any problems yet. I do wish your whole party was visible in the world not just combat. I also wish random monster encounters were a thing of the past.

I've enjoyed most of the cutsceens so far. Lost Oddesy is more like watching a movie than playing a game. I have about 13-14 hrs in it so far and it seems like almost half that was cutsceens.

This game has been a pleasant suprise for me. I went into it not expecting much other than eye candy. What I have gotten is a beautifully rendered, interesting, and engaging story with entertaing turn base gameplay.

Around the Network

On a side note who has caught Jansens 1 liners funny? I particularly like on the mountain where he says something to the effect "It's cold up here, hey Seth turn around!" if you don't understand why he'd say that to her than maybe you shouldn't be playing T rated games..

Ari_Gold said:

The Music is EXCELLENT as well, nobuo uematsu never dissapoints.

You should expect nothing less from him. I always enjoy listening to his work. 

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

@Ari_Gold

I know of one place to trade seeds, or use the games version of a transformation box. Which seems to be little rabbits in pots. While the one at the construction site didn't give me the option to put in seeds. The one outside of the blue doored house in the ghost town to the left of Numara port did allow me to trade them in and I got Adamantum. Have no clue what it is I was bogged down in cut scenes before that. I don't want to spoil anything, but go upstairs when you enter that house and save unless you have ample time to deal with some long cut scenes. They are good scenes so you also want to have the time to give them your full attention it is a pivotal point in the story.

While we are on the subject of small quests could anyone tell me where the cat eared girl is hiding. I would like to know the answer to that one. I haven't stumbled on her yet, and if she is behind some locked door exactly how do I unlock it to get at her.

Game is fantastic, i highly recomend it to any jrpgs fans at all. Im only a few hours in so i wont post true impressions yet but so far fantastic game.

Also the load times are not very bad at all, i have no idea where the 30 sec for battle comments have come from, ive had at most 10 second load times for battles and that is including it showing your guys waving their swords around etc.

I still cant belive some people gave it a 5/10....... just fucking rediculas i hate reviewers

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network

also has anyone else been deeply touched by the 1000 dreams things? There is some major quality writing, and i actually got really emotional with the first one, and the rest of them deeply touched me

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

About the loading time, 

Its the different between US and JP/AS version ;)

Pretty nice!

Woo! I've had a breakthrough! My amazing girlfriend got me a GameStop gift card for Valentine's! Woo, Im getting LO tomorrow.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^You lucky bastard. ;) Recognise to praise & honour such a gf EVERY day. XD

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

When you play this game, you will say to your selfs, "How the hell is this a 75% game?". I really hope this game goes on to become a million seller, as it's easily one of the best game on the 360 period. It really pisses me off that the game got bad reviews. Nowadays Nintendo is the only company allowed to get away with making games that aren't online shooters. Atleast let this game become a niche franshice with a loyal fanbase, allowing for 500k minimum for each LO game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!