By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official VGX Thread, Updated With All Announcements

I couldn't find an official thread for VGX, if there already is one then lock this.

The VGX (formerly Spike Video Game Awards; VGAs) is an annual award show hosted by Spike TV that recognizes the best computer and video games of the year. The VGX features live music performances and appearances by popular performers in music, movies, and television. Additionally, preview trailers for upcoming games are highlighted. The show is produced by GameTrailers TV's Geoff Keighley. The event has been held at various locations in Los Angeles and Santa Monica, California as well as Las Vegas, Nevada.

Official website: http://www.spike.com/vgx

Stream: http://www.gameinformer.com/p/livestream.aspx

http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/441707/live-coverage-of-vgx-reveals/

(Will link more streams if I find any, if you have any give me the links)

Can also watch on these:

Full schedule (Provided by bananaking): http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173898&page=1

Pre-Show
Get an exclusive look at Thief – The VGX Preshow kicks off with a trip to Eidos Montreal to get a look at the next installment of the Thief franchise.

Hour #1

• VGX Start – The big show kicks off as hosts Joel McHale and Geoff Keighley take us through what kind of surprises are in store at VGX.
  • Our first secret world premiere – We cant divulge all of our secrets, but trust us, you’re going to love this one.
  • Smosh reveals the future of video games – What will video games be like in the future? The game at Smosh reveal all at VGX.
  • Tomb Raider announcement – Get a Tomb Raider announcement, exclusively at VGX.
  • Lara Croft in the flesh – Camilla Luddington, the voice behind Lara Croft, appears at VGX.
  • The Vector Monkey finds a home – We’re revealing the winner of either Best Action Adventure or Best Sports Game categories. You tell us which you want to see.
  • Reggie takes the stage – Nintendo of America’s fearless leader, Reggie Fils-Aime takes the stage for a demo.
  • Another Vector Monkey is awarded – VGX honors another of this year’s best games.
  • Quantum Break revealed – VGX is the only place you can get a look into the world of Remedy’s next epic title.
  • Get even more Quantum Break – Remedy’s Oskari Hakkien stops by VGX to take you deeper into Quantum Break.
  • Bonus world premiere – Another surprise Bonus World Premiere.

Hour #2

• South Park and the Stick of Truth – Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny set out on their most epic journey ever.
  • Game of the Year Award – The creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, award this year’s top honors.
  • Mega 64 – Rocco and Shawn thought we left some awards out, so they filled in some of the gaps.
  • Destiny arrives at VGX – Bungie’s latest title shines in this exclusive premiere.
  • VICE’s Motherboard takes on Donkey Kong – Go behind the scenes and see the biggest rivalry this year’sDonkey Kong world championships.
  • A new look at Broken Age – Double Fine’s Tim Schafer helps pull back the curtain on his next creation.
  • Rooster Teeth present the pick for Cameo of the Year – You’re never going to guess who wins.
  • World premieres as chosen by you – You tell us which world premiere you want to see next: Tom Clancy’s The Division or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Who will be crowned best indie game? – Find out which little studio takes home the big award.
  • Secret world premiere #2 – Another all-new game, brought to you by VGX.

Hour #3

• Zombies infect VGX – See if you can survive this demo of Dying Light.
  • VGX welcomes PEWDIEPEW – One of YouTube’s biggest names visits VGX.
  • Thief steals the show – Get an exclusive world premiere for the latest entry in this beloved franchise.
  • You choose the award – We’re revealing the winner of either Best Shooter or Studio of the Year categories. You tell us which you want to see.
  • We name the character of the year – You voted, now find out who you chose as your Character of the Year.
  • Another awesome world premiere – We’ve got some of this year’s biggest trailers – only at VGX.
  • One final VGX award – You decide which award you want to see handed out.
  • Titanfall world premiere – VGX welcomes Respawn Entertainment’s Vince Zampella for an exclusive look at one of next year’s biggest games.
  • Rockstar rocks the house – An exclusive one night only performance of the music of Grand Theft Auto 

Announcements:
-Telltale Games is making Tales From The Borderlands and it is an episodic game.
-Tomb Raider Definetive Edition announced for PS4 and X1.
-Best Action-Adventure Award goes to Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.
-Cranky Kong announced as playable character in Donkey Kong TF.
-Release date for Donkey Kong TF is Feb 21.
-NBA 2K 14 sports game of the year.
-Remedy announces an IOS game called Agents of Storm.
-GOTY goes to GTA5.
-Best Independant Game Award went to Gone Home.
-Another Telltales game announced, Game of Thrones.
-Hello Games announced No Man's Sky.
-Best Shooter Award went to Bioshock Infinite.
-Character of The Year Award went to Lutece Twins in Bioshock Infinite.
-Studio of The Year Award went to Naughty Dog.

Around the Network

Megatonzz for PS4 plsss

piece of advise. if you are going to update the thread while watching. open microsoft word page. and after every annoucments just type it down real quick. when you find time between announcments just update it right away.

my gamescom thread was a mess because i got overwhemled with announcments i couldnt keep up. so i did that ms word thing at the PS4 all access event and i got everything updated real quick and got all the info in the OP once the show was done.

Tag for the meltdown :)

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

bananaking21 said:
piece of advise. if you are going to update the thread while watching. open microsoft word page. and after every annoucments just type it down real quick. when you find time between announcments just update it right away.

my gamescom thread was a mess because i got overwhemled with announcments i couldnt keep up. so i did that ms word thing at the PS4 all access event and i got everything updated real quick and got all the info in the OP once the show was done.

Thanks for the advice and for the schedule that I shamlessly stole lol.

Around the Network

I still dunno how to watch. oops

I hope nintendo shows x or donkey kong.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Zelda would be so massive, I wouldn't mind X either. But the ever glooming promise of Donkey Kong seems far to true.

kowenicki said:
Do we have any hints or leaks at all on the two big premieres?

I'm assuming one each for PS4 and ONE. Probably some dreary multiplats though.

Haven't been able to find any leaks on big announcements.  I think the only thing that's been leaked is Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and this Game of Thrones game.  There's speculation about things like Ni No Kuni for PS4 and stuff, but nothing official.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/telltales-game-thrones-project-real-vgx-leak-confirms

ninetailschris said:
I hope nintendo shows x or donkey kong.

You and no one else hopes that.