By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The funny part about GT6 being so inferior to Forza 5

RavenXtra said:
Could just play the one you enjoy and be happy with your purchase, always that option! :D

VGC doesnt allow options.  We should know this by now.  Whatever makes their plastic box look better is what we will argue about. My guess is if these two were multiplat games people wouldnt be arguing.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
ps3-sales! said:

It'll likely sell 2x the amount lifetime (at least) that Forza 5 will. So for all those complaining how less than stellar GT6 is, it won't really affect the sales. 

Btw, GT6 is at an 80 on metacritic, Forza 5 is at an 81. Just pointing that out. 

Oh, and I hate both games, and sim racers in general, due to the fact that they suck at being games while exceeding at being sims, which are boring in my opinion. 

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

Try again, probably 5 times

With 40x the install base I would hope so.

Lulz said:
Turkish said:
ps3-sales! said:

It'll likely sell 2x the amount lifetime (at least) that Forza 5 will. So for all those complaining how less than stellar GT6 is, it won't really affect the sales. 

Btw, GT6 is at an 80 on metacritic, Forza 5 is at an 81. Just pointing that out. 

Oh, and I hate both games, and sim racers in general, due to the fact that they suck at being games while exceeding at being sims, which are boring in my opinion. 

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

Gt is a much bigger seller regardless. GT6 outsold the last 3 forza games combined on a smaller install base.

Panicnausia said:
Lulz said:
Turkish said:
ps3-sales! said:

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

Gt is a much bigger seller regardless. GT6 outsold the last 3 forza games combined on a smaller install base.

No argument there. That doesn't change how absurd it is to compare sales of a launch game to sales of a game with a user base of 80 million+.

Lulz said:
Panicnausia said:
Lulz said:
Turkish said:
ps3-sales! said:

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

No argument there. That doesn't change how absurd it is to compare sales of a launch game to sales of a game with a user base of 80 million+.

I'm not even comparing the sales. I think people are missing the point I'm trying, and somehow failing, to convey here. 

I made this thread because I saw all these other threads, and reviews alike, about how GT6 is a dissappointment and failure of a game. I'm just saying, it's 1 point lower than the "critically acclaimed* Forza 5 for a next console, and the fact that it'll still outsell it even though it's technically a *worse* game. 

Both games however, are vastly overrated.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Lulz said:
Panicnausia said:
Lulz said:
Turkish said:
ps3-sales! said:

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

I'm not even comparing the sales. I think people are missing the point I'm trying, and somehow failing, to convey here. 

I made this thread because I saw all these other threads, and reviews alike, about how GT6 is a dissappointment and failure of a game. I'm just saying, it's 1 point lower than the "critically acclaimed* Forza 5 for a next console, and the fact that it'll still outsell it even though it's technically a *worse* game. 

Well GT is a rare franchise in regards to how absolutely massive and high-profile it is, and rightfully so. It's right up there with franchises like Mario, Mario Kart, CoD, Halo, etc. that have established themselves as iconic, or even legendary. Critic reviews have little to no effect on the sales of these franchises at this point.

ps3-sales! said:
Lulz said:

Says you, for racing sim fans they are as good as it gets. If your not a racing sim fan why are you talking about racing sims?

It's already a given, GT6 will destroy F5 sales. Even in the last gen GT has proven it, so the install base argument is invalid.

Lulz said:
ps3-sales! said:
Lulz said:
Panicnausia said:
Lulz said:
Turkish said:
ps3-sales! said:

Have a great day ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA 2 times?

Well GT is a rare franchise in regards to how absolutely massive and high-profile it is, and rightfully so. It's right up there with franchises like Mario, Mario Kart, CoD, Halo, etc. that have established themselves as iconic, or even legendary. Critic reviews have little to no effect on the sales of these franchises at this point.

Sales wise yes but GT hasn't held up as well as those games in my opinion. 

With Mario, you almost have unlimited ways to innovate... 3D world, 2d mario, 3D game like galaxy. Halo improves the story/visuals and has new features. Mario Kart is just fucking awesome. CoD improves like halo but to a much lesser extent because of yearly releases. 

Then we have Gran Turismo. How much more photorealistic can these type of games get? Not much if you ask me. I'd rather have a fun game than a sim game that is just, well, boring. Driveclub looks to me like an awesome racing game because it's not just 100% sim. That's why the Forza series is superior because (from the ones I've played) it's not 100% sim. 

GT just sells the most for being the most boring to play. Go figure. #Sonyfanlogic

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ListerOfSmeg said:
You mean a game on a console with a huge install base will most likely outsell a game on a console that just launched? Wow. Who knew. Might I suggest you seek a job in rocket science because you obviously see things the rest of us cannot

It doesn't matter what the fanbase is..well yes it does but...GT5 sold 10 million on an install base of 80 million. I don't think a single Forza has sold half that yet the 360 has an install base of 80 million. I think what PS3-sales meant by that part of his post was that GT will still sell more than Forza no matter what the meta/hate/install base/consumer opinion is.