By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The funny part about GT6 being so inferior to Forza 5

J_Allard said:
Does GT6 still reuse PS2 assets or is it finally fully 7th gen?

It still has standard (PS2 asset) cars.

Around the Network

Where is the proof that 3 and 4 was heavily bundled it doesn't exist either.  But its easy to asume that Horzion has sold 500K or more copies digitally since it been out for over a year and has been on sale numerous times more then once it was only $14.99.

Chris Hu said:
J_Allard said:

? lol everybody knows forza is king of bundling

Chris Hu said:

Where is the proof that 3 and 4 was heavily bundled it doesn't exist either.  But its easy to asume that Horzion has sold 500K or more copies digitally since it been out for over a year and has been on sale numerous times more then once it was only $14.99.

The fact that forza bunles were everywhere even right after launch? It was hard to buy an xbox without forza being bundles with it.

Still waiting for digital sales proof.

Around the Network

You saying that bundles for Forza 3 and 4 where everywhere doesn't proof anything either especially since neither games show a large sales bumb due to bundles again the only Forza game that was bundled heavily was Forza 2 not only is it evident in its sales chart but also the other game it was bundled with Mavel: Ultimate Alliance that bundle was available pretty much world wide for over a year probably closer to two.  All the other Forza games where bundled a whole lot less and the bundles that they came in where available for a lot shorter times in many cases only a few month.

J_Allard said:
Chris Hu said:
J_Allard said:

Whatever that picture is, it won't load, but I can guess.

What do you prefer, cut half the tracks and 2/3rds of the cars because they might not be up to the same high standards, or offer all the extra variety since it really doesn't matter while you are driving. At least I never drive in 3rd person view, and the HD ps2 tracks, now with day/night and weather, are still great circuits to drive.
Btw even if you ignore all the ps2 asset cars and tracks, you still have over double the content...

Anyway I see we're onto GT5 having inferior bundling now...

I take it back about saying this was turning into a good discussion D:

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Chris Hu said:
A_C_E said:
Chris Hu said:
A_C_E said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
You mean a game on a console with a huge install base will most likely outsell a game on a console that just launched? Wow. Who knew. Might I suggest you seek a job in rocket science because you obviously see things the rest of us cannot

It doesn't matter what the fanbase is..well yes it does but...GT5 sold 10 million on an install base of 80 million. I don't think a single Forza has sold half that yet the 360 has an install base of 80 million. I think what PS3-sales meant by that part of his post was that GT will still sell more than Forza no matter what the meta/hate/install base/consumer opinion is.

Forza Motorsports 3 sold 5.36 million copies so its more then half of 10 million.  Also each Forza game could have sold more it there where more then a two year gap between each release.

ok. sorry there was a forza game that reached half of what GT5 sold. If there was more than a two year gap it wouldn't affect the sales at all...look at the sales of Forza 4 a year and a half out. Look at the sales of any Forza game a year and a half out and you will see that they aren't that great unless you include the holiday bundle sale that Forza 3 had.

Wrong again the only Forza game that was massively bundled was Forza 2 and speaking of bundled games GT3 is still the most bundled racing game of all times especially in North America where you can find a bundle copy of the game which has a red case just as easily as you can find a regular retail verison of the game.

Forza 3 had a holiday bundle that was in effect for the holiday season a couple of christmas' ago, it added quite a lot to its tally but at the same time I didn't say anything about heavily bundled, don't get so defensive. I don't know what you are trying to prove here by continuing to compare Forza's sales to GT's sales because bundled or not, GT has always been the sales leader. Heck, even the prologue to GT5 sold millions causing GT5's full retail to be profitable from day one. GT just has more buying power and is marketed better.

Chris Hu said:

lol, really? The Forza 3 bundle with the new 360 in the UK, doesn't ring a bell? The Forza 3 2011 holiday bundle with Halo Reach doesn't ring a bell? The Forza 3 bundle with Alan Wake doesn't ring a bell? They are still available on Amazon...go check it out.