By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Great thing about Xbox One - Guide works on an Antanae!

Sevengen said:
I don't have cable at all.
so what do I need to be able to use the X1's guide and t.v. features?
I have an antennae hooked up to my 1080p tv, that's it. great picture. no cost.
would that set up work if I ran the antennae through the X1's input?

You would need a tuner that the Xbox One could then change with RI blasting.  It can currently turn on my TV and AV Reciever using the same Kinect.  You could connect a little digital tuner and run it off HDMI to the Xbox One.  You would be able to control and find all your chanells with your remote, gamepad, or voice.

You don't need to use the guide features at all - but it's really useful if you want to see what is or, or what will be on later.  I use TV Guide.com all the time, having it on the Xbox One and being able to switch is just convienant.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Yeah, this made me happy until it made me sad. My old tv has a built in tuner too and I don't use an HD box because I've never had to. I do have a plain digital one for another tv but that won't help here as it doesn't accept or deliver HD signals.

Back to the drawing board ...