By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next-Gen Gaming's - Game of the Generation is...

Aldro said:
Wright said:

Arkham City > Red Dead Redemption?

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE.

Maybe they just really like Batman and hate the wild west? XD
I MEAN YOU LIKE INFAMOUS 2 THE MOST SO WTF

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THAT?!

Around the Network

Where's the nintendo games? Oh right.....

pezus said:
Mass Effect SERIES? Wat. A bit unfair

Not really, each game's decisions go directly into the next game. They're essentially a full game.

Agree with everything

lmao, okay.

Around the Network

It's currently in my top 5 games from last generation, God of War III > Mass Effect 2 > Red Dead Redemption > Bioshock > The Last of Us.

I've been playing Skyrim a lot recently and I'm loving it, by the time I'm finished with the game it'll likely push TloU out of my top 5 list. Still haven't played GTA V, that has a good chance at making top 5. I've had a brand new copy of Batman: Arkham City for over a year now and haven't touched it for some reason, I guess that has a decent chance too.

pezus said:
jlmurph2 said:
pezus said:

Not really, each game's decisions go directly into the next game. They're essentially a full game.

Tell that to ME3's ending

And the games are very different tbh. ME1 is more like a traditional RPG, while 2 is mostly a shooter with an RPG story and 3 is a shooter with RPG elements and story

We don't talk about ME3's ending lol but yeah it does change but you gotta admit its for the better. It kept with the times over the years and listened to gamer feedback by taking away some tedious things. 

Inb4"Where'sMarioGalaxy?!?!"

OT: That's not a very good list in my opinion.

My pick is the same, I think the Last of Us made the biggest impression on me all generation long. Next game to even come close is Metal Gear Solid 4, another very good story driven game, but against MGS4 lies a story that is overly complex at times. Great to have so much depth, but it seems at times to much is catapulted at us. And this is why TLOU is the best for me, I never ran into this issue. With TLOU I was screaming for more. I wanted to have more. I cared to have more. Nothing else from this generation had me invested to this level. Not even close.

pezus said:
jlmurph2 said:
pezus said:
jlmurph2 said:
pezus said:

Tell that to ME3's ending

And the games are very different tbh. ME1 is more like a traditional RPG, while 2 is mostly a shooter with an RPG story and 3 is a shooter with RPG elements and story

We don't talk about ME3's ending lol but yeah it does change but you gotta admit its for the better. It kept with the times over the years and listened to gamer feedback by taking away some tedious things. 

No, I have to say I enjoyed ME1's gameplay more in some ways (although it wasn't perfect). Something felt off with ME3, for sure.

Different strokes for different folks