By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default - Neverending grinding, plus general discussion

lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:
I have spent far to much time on this demo. Getting this day 1.

Same here! I just finished maxing everyone's Lv. and mastering all job classes. I wanna try the demo again but on hard this time, but it only allows for one file so I'd have to delete the current one. Guess it wont be that big of deal doing everything again, especially now that I know what job combinations I wanna use.

Be prepared, be very very prepared for Melusine. That's the best tip I can give you about the demo's Hard difficulty .

Yeah I almost lost to her on normal. Darn Areoga spam! D:

It's even worse for Dragon, because he can AoE. Though by the time you unlock it, you can have all your teammates at lvl. 20 and jobs lvl. 3, so that dilutes a bit of the difficulty, unless you go wild and try to tackle him at lvl.14 like some dumb folk around here....mostly me...okay just me, geez.

I took him down pretty handily at Lv.12. :L

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:

Same here! I just finished maxing everyone's Lv. and mastering all job classes. I wanna try the demo again but on hard this time, but it only allows for one file so I'd have to delete the current one. Guess it wont be that big of deal doing everything again, especially now that I know what job combinations I wanna use.

Be prepared, be very very prepared for Melusine. That's the best tip I can give you about the demo's Hard difficulty .

It's even worse for Dragon, because he can AoE. Though by the time you unlock it, you can have all your teammates at lvl. 20 and jobs lvl. 3, so that dilutes a bit of the difficulty, unless you go wild and try to tackle him at lvl.14 like some dumb folk around here....mostly me...okay just me, geez.

On Hard difficulty? What jobs/skills did you had?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:

Yes on hard difficulty! Agnes was Red Mage with Ninja abilitys, Tiz a Knight with Swordmaster abilitys, Ringabell a Swordmaster with Freelance abilitys, and Edea a Ninja with White Magic. My ideal combination with the jobs available in the demo! Basic strategy is to of course have Agnes n Edea keeping Utesumi (w/e it's called!) live which is easy with turn tables, then Tiz n Ringabell default one turn then Nothing Ventured + Attack the following turn. Repeat until victory!

Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:

Yes on hard difficulty! Agnes was Red Mage with Ninja abilitys, Tiz a Knight with Swordmaster abilitys, Ringabell a Swordmaster with Freelance abilitys, and Edea a Ninja with White Magic. My ideal combination with the jobs available in the demo! Basic strategy is to of course have Agnes n Edea keeping Utesumi (w/e it's called!) live which is easy with turn tables, then Tiz n Ringabell default one turn then Nothing Ventured + Attack the following turn. Repeat until victory!

Nice job configuration there . I don't remember what was my class combo, but I do remember tackling the demo with a Ninja-heavy party as well, but mostly focused on Buff Ups and Dual Wielding for more damage over turns.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:

Nice job configuration there . I don't remember what was my class combo, but I do remember tackling the demo with a Ninja-heavy party as well, but mostly focused on Buff Ups and Dual Wielding for more damage over turns.

Great minds think alike! Well I only have one actual Ninja, and a lot of my damage comes from Nothing Ventured n Multitask from the guys since I prefer a more defensive approach, which is why I also use that White Mage reduce damage skill (forgot name) on the ladies. I did see how awesome Buff Up was and put it on everyone except Edea due to lack of space. She has that Ninja skill that increases attack when she dodges anyway.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:

Great minds think alike! Well I only have one actual Ninja, and a lot of my damage comes from Nothing Ventured n Multitask from the guys since I prefer a more defensive approach, which is why I also use that White Mage reduce damage skill (forgot name) on the ladies. I did see how awesome Buff Up was and put it on everyone except Edea due to lack of space. She has that Ninja skill that increases attack when she dodges anyway.

Angelic Ward is an obligatory ability to have on Hard during the main game. When you get into fights (in the main game) in which you fight 4 bosses on the same battle and two/three of them can hit for 6000 damage, that 75% reduction is a blessing, especially if it activates consecutively XD.

Never tried using counter that much, mostly because of Multitask. That, coupled with dual wield, is seriously OP .

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingWithNoKrown said:

Angelic Ward is an obligatory ability to have on Hard during the main game. When you get into fights (in the main game) in which you fight 4 bosses on the same battle and two/three of them can hit for 6000 damage, that 75% reduction is a blessing, especially if it activates consecutively XD.

Never tried using counter that much, mostly because of Multitask. That, coupled with dual wield, is seriously OP .

Just cause you said that I'm not going to use Angelic Ward once I get the full game.

I just finished getting my last play bonus on the demo yesterday. I really can't wait for this game. I was thinking about trying it again on Hard, but I think I'd rather just wait for the full game before I get back into it. The longer I wait, the more exciting it'll be!

I'm gonna sound like a newbie here, but I just read last night that Linked Horizon performs the score (at least some of it) for Bravely Default. Is this true? I haven't heard too much of their stuff, though I really liked both of the Shingeki no Kyoujin openings.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Soriku said:
Super_Boom said:

I just finished getting my last play bonus on the demo yesterday. I really can't wait for this game. I was thinking about trying it again on Hard, but I think I'd rather just wait for the full game before I get back into it. The longer I wait, the more exciting it'll be!

I'm gonna sound like a newbie here, but I just read last night that Linked Horizon performs the score (at least some of it) for Bravely Default. Is this true? I haven't heard too much of their stuff, though I really liked both of the Shingeki no Kyoujin openings.

Revo (the lead of Linked Horizon) composed the soundtrack.

The new boss theme for some of the new optional bosses is awesome. It was in the Bravely Second trailer so I wonder if this is the boss theme for that game.

Thanks! That sounds awesome, I can definitely tell it's the same composer.

I'm glad I got the Collector's Edition. I'm looking forward to that CD.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I downloaded the demo but only played a few minutes of it. Anyone have any tips for beginners? It seems to just put you into the game without much explanation. Anything would help since I heard your progress in the demo carries over to the full game.

Preordered the collector's edition so I'm looking forward to that.