By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Watch as 2K's NBA 2k14 punishes user for Swearing on Xbox One

I hope it causes an instant suicide or 15 second freeze or something when someone swears on Halo.

And of course it should add up with each word.

The rage would be hilarious!

Around the Network

This is a "feature" in NBA 2k. There are voice commands in BOTH next gen versions (I am guessing in both last gen versions as well) and I have gotten more than a few technical foul calls for swearing at the game. I like it and elected to leave the voice commands on even though I still haven't figured out many of the others outside of getting a technical foul and a pass.

People need to settle down just a bit.

Euphoria14 said:
In sports games I think this is an excellent feature.

You've never played basketball. Some of the things said on court are just beyond foul, and refs ignore it all unless it's directed at them.

Ainars.108 said:
Euphoria14 said:

You've never played basketball. Some of the things said on court are just beyond foul, and refs ignore it all unless it's directed at them.

Well, then it is awesome if you are playing as the coach.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I may have understood it wrong. But if 2K made the game, Why is MS the one being blamed ?

Around the Network

Best implementation of Kinect I've seen in a game. This is some Psycho Mantis shit going on right here.

That's really cool actually.

It's not Microsoft's fault it's a feature in NBA2K14 and it adds realism to the game. You can't curse on the court around refs excessively or they'll give you a tech if it's excessive and that's what NBA2K14 is bringing to the table. Players use to be able to curse freely in the NBA but they are starting to crack down on that now a days, kudos to 2K for being innovative and adding this feature. I own a PS4 i'm actually jealous that Xbox fans get to experience this feature. :( lol

NBA2K14 is actually the best sports game ever created in my opinion.

Ainars.108 said:
Euphoria14 said:

"Your wife tastes like cheerios" :D

I like it though. I hope PS4 has it as well and that every multiplayer game penalises cursing gamers in some form. Don't want some bloody cool-as-hell-virgin-dudebros spoil my game

I wonder though if they teach the game to recognise cursing in other languages.

PS. I loved the comment:

"Are you shitting me???"
"John Spartan you are fined one credit for violation of the verbal morality statute"

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Please people don't leave school, so you can have better decisions in life.