By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Stock at 13 year high. Market Cap up almost $100 BILLION since January !

Tagged games:

Pjams said:
And 95% of this is meaningless, unless you really, really like to go on websites and tell everyone how awesome your new windows phone and tablet are

Do a decade long market share comparing google, Microsoft and apple. Or shut the fuck up

Pretty much all the divisions at ms are increasing yoy, record profits every year, record revenu every year, heck- even bing is taking off and turning their online  division profitable.  

Azure is pretty much microsoft's next post-windows cash cow.  And if they can keep up their leadership in the cloud, I don't think ms will even have to worry about decreasing pc sales- even though they still make a ton of revenue off of it.  

Around the Network
Pjams said:
kowenicki said:
Pjams said:
And 95% of this is meaningless, unless you really, really like to go on websites and tell everyone how awesome your new windows phone and tablet are

Do a decade long market share comparing google, Microsoft and apple. Or shut the fuck up

Wow, whats up with you?  Which has upset you most?  MS up $100bn in 10 months or Kowenicki making cash!? lol

I'm fine with anyone being smart and making money. I'm just a conscience consumer that despises vague and misleading claims that further fanboy propaganda.

But hey, its vgchartz, so I guess it all makes sense.

You are a rarity. Nice to meet you.

kowenicki said:

I was referring to actual analysts... not you.  I didnt even know you had made a call. 

We had a minor debate on here back in the Spring.  I said it was a solid stock, you felt more optimisitc about growth.  

I think mature companies face the issue of how they can manage growth besides acquisitions.  

I am not surprised who wrote this story at all. Kowenicki is Microsofts PR man? The slight increase is down to one thing Ballsup retiring, says much about the damage he has done to the company. They are being attacked from all angles. This man single handedly got the OS share for windows down from 95% to 20% (not desktop share before the fanboys complain, TOTAL OS share), laughed at the iphone as a non device, claimed Linux is a cancer which it now cant do anything against the openness of it. This man has thrown billions away in different markets (xbox, bing, windows phone) for very little gain. It is not surprising the investors in Microsoft wanted his head and are now making a line for Billy Boy Gates to leave the board too. The Office suite is being held up by a subscription model that they keep hiring the prices, they have alienated gamers, desktop users and programmers worldwide. All this article shows me is how their subscription model based on second rate software is on the verge of collapse. Would even a Microsoft fanboy have dreamt of Microsoft products being on other systems? The cellular division was, coveniently, hidden behind the trolling of patents with Android, their cellular makes nothing, zero. Their tablets are a flop, yes it is no wonder markets say sell and investors want heads

User was banned for this post - Kantor

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Videokameras said:
Seriously i still trust google the most of all us tech, but thats just my layman opinion.

Laststarfighter you think Nintendo will drop again?

Yes, that's why I sold.  Not for any good reason, it's just what the stock has been doing.  It's followed a very consistent wave of ups and downs.  It had climbed rapidly lately and then dropped and stalled.  So I became concerned that the price was going to drop down again and decided it was time to sell.  I would look to buy again if it became quite cheap.  I expect them to miss profit targets so that could also make the price fall.  Of course I do expect them to be profitable so that may drive the price up as well.  I'm just following trends as best I can and using sales data to guide me a little.  My current guess is that Nintendo may drop a dollar or two, at which point it may be a good pick up as it may gain in anticipation of a quarterly report.  It will definitely gain in the spring before the date of dividend payout ownership.  The wild fluctuations in the Nintendo share price have made a great by and sell opportunity.  Like MSFT, it's also pretty safe since the company has no debt and lots of cash.  At current prices you may lose, but not likely lose everything.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Videokameras said:
Seriously i still trust google the most of all us tech, but thats just my layman opinion.

Laststarfighter you think Nintendo will drop again?

Yes, that's why I sold.  Not for any good reason, it's just what the stock has been doing.  It's followed a very consistent wave of ups and downs.  It had climbed rapidly lately and then dropped and stalled.  So I became concerned that the price was going to drop down again and decided it was time to sell.  I would look to buy again if it became quite cheap.  I expect them to miss profit targets so that could also make the price fall.  Of course I do expect them to be profitable so that may drive the price up as well.  I'm just following trends as best I can and using sales data to guide me a little.  My current guess is that Nintendo may drop a dollar or two, at which point it may be a good pick up as it may gain in anticipation of a quarterly report.  It will definitely gain in the spring before the date of dividend payout ownership.  The wild fluctuations in the Nintendo share price have made a great by and sell opportunity.  Like MSFT, it's also pretty safe since the company has no debt and lots of cash.  At current prices you may lose, but not likely lose everything.

You seem to know what your are talking about.  I will bear this in mind.

Ok thanks a lot Starfighter

I wasnt sure, i thought the dwango jump meant Nintendo just waiting to go up. But the market is probably just crazy and such behaviour is absolutly normal when such news come out

kowenicki said:

I love how so many so called analysts mised this last year saying the price was stuck at $32 max... its now $38.53

I'm cleaning up... again!

Only invest in what you know.  I know Microsoft.

Value of the company is up almost $100bn since January 1st 2013 to $320bn. 

With Windows Mobile taking off and enterprise going from strength to strength along with some canny deals (Android)... this giant aint going anywhere folks.

I have had a good many shares of MS since I was in Middle School (My father co-owned a HMO that was bought out and he invested the his buyout in his Kids name with a few different companies, The major being MS and I bought my siblings shares from them when MS started going down fast, I think it was 2007/8).

They have had their ups and downs but this year has been amazing. While I might not be the biggest Microsoft Fan (its a philosophy thing if anything...not hardware or software related), I will always wish them success as they have been really good to me through the years.

But analysts saiid Microsoft are in trouble and losing.
ROFL.

Microsoft are bigger than ever.

Apple need to worry. The one area they were winning. Is looking like 3rd by 2016. Mobile Market.