By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario 3D World = best game I've played since Xenoblade in 2011

Tagged games:

Daisuke72 said:
Oh look, a Nintendo fan enjoying a Mario game, rare!

So what, does that make his opinion less valid because he's a Nintendo fan?

Lol, I love there is actually hate by Sony and MS people in an innocent thread that merely states that Super Mario 3D Land is great, like these people just can't handle hearing about a Nintendo game being good. Must be jealously or bitterness, since deep down they know they are missing out a potentially excellent game because they refuse to buy a Wii U.

Around the Network

I agree Super Mario 3D World is an awesome game. Only thing I don't like is the annoying "saved" prompts after each stage. Hasn't Nintendo heard of unobtrusive UI. Having those prompts in the game is the equivalent of the annoying JavaScript message box pop-ups on Internet in 1995.

I didn't care much for Xenoblade Chronicles to play past the first 1 hour or so. That game had poor voice acting and tedious everything else (just too complex on too many things). It supposedly really grows on you, but it released in US couple of years after Japan release and was so far into the HD gen before coming to US, that I couldn't stand how ugly it was when I was used to playing games that looked like Skyrim and Uncharted 3 by that point.

Drakrami said:
Hynad said:
Drakrami said:
tbone51 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Fail lol, he was one of the people who couldn't stand the game when it first was revealed at E3! Not every nintendo fan  enjoys mario, but hey Reviewers agree its the best Next Gen game

???  Id rather play BF4, AC4 than play Mario 3d World any day. You're truely a sheep if you judge a game's quality based on review scores.

Maybe you should try the game before you judge it, don't you think? (Oh, but of course you'll say you tried it... -__-)

It's funny though, that your comment is made after tbone 51 pointed out that the guy was trashing the game before he tried it. And funny you talk about what being a sheep is when you mention those 2 games you play... ¬_¬

what? What's wrong with BF4 and AC4? They are awesome games and way better than any mario game in my opinion. 

Yeah, than go in one of the threads about those games and praise them, instead of shitting on this game that you haven´t even played.

Or ,you know, you can go off the internet and just play the "amazing" AC4 !

Hmmm. Considering you doubted the game since day 1 (like me), it looks like the game will be good. I choose to buy ALBW over this one.

Yes. I'll ask for it this christmas as my second main game, only below Ocarina of Time 3D.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Drakrami said:
Hynad said:
Drakrami said:
tbone51 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Fail lol, he was one of the people who couldn't stand the game when it first was revealed at E3! Not every nintendo fan  enjoys mario, but hey Reviewers agree its the best Next Gen game

???  Id rather play BF4, AC4 than play Mario 3d World any day. You're truely a sheep if you judge a game's quality based on review scores.

Maybe you should try the game before you judge it, don't you think? (Oh, but of course you'll say you tried it... -__-)

It's funny though, that your comment is made after tbone 51 pointed out that the guy was trashing the game before he tried it. And funny you talk about what being a sheep is when you mention those 2 games you play... ¬_¬

what? What's wrong with BF4 and AC4? They are awesome games and way better than any mario game in my opinion. 

Na, I max them out on PC and they are not all that, I do like AC4 better than BF4 though, the SP is more interesting, and if I wanted big epic online battles, I'd go play PS2 and not BF4.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
Daisuke72 said:

Lol, I love there is actually hate by Sony and MS people in an innocent thread that merely states that Super Mario 3D Land is great, like these people just can't handle hearing about a Nintendo game being good. Must be jealously or bitterness, since deep down they know they are missing out a potentially excellent game because they refuse to buy a Wii U.

Judging by the sales of the Wii U, Nintendo fans must be hella bitter for refusing to buy a Wii U.

Daisuke72 said:
Metallicube said:
Daisuke72 said:

Judging by the sales of the Wii U, Nintendo fans must be hella bitter for refusing to buy a Wii U.

What does that have to do with what I just said?

Nintendo fans (well some of them anyway) are simply smart for not throwing money at a console that (up until very recently) has not been worth the purchase. Personally, I'll admit I was a little bitter that I was missing out on this game, but I solved that problem by jumping on a Wii U black friday deal from Best Buy.

Love the game so far, it's great to play together. Still the same great chaos but in 3D you don't bump into each other as often.

However it's not perfect, the flat lighting and fixed camera make it hard to see at what depth you are. Just today I stood jumping under a box without being able to hit it, only to find out later that it was not a floating one but sitting on the ground deeper into the screen. Some enemies are hard to judge how far up vs at what depth they are, same problem for jumping onto certain platforms. It's like it was made for stereoscopic 3D :/

SvennoJ said:
Love the game so far, it's great to play together. Still the same great chaos but in 3D you don't bump into each other as often.

However it's not perfect, the flat lighting and fixed camera make it hard to see at what depth you are. Just today I stood jumping under a box without being able to hit it, only to find out later that it was not a floating one but sitting on the ground deeper into the screen. Some enemies are hard to judge how far up vs at what depth they are, same problem for jumping onto certain platforms. It's like it was made for stereoscopic 3D :/

Never once encountered these problems... I'm serious. O_o

Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

Never once encountered these problems... I'm serious. O_o

With the camera dead on the side, my wife and I both keep misjudging how far or close in us and the enemies are on screen. It's easier in single player where you can move the camera. It's fine in most levels but at some places the illusion of depth is missing because of the camera placement.
So far it's a bit behind super mario galaxy. (although that was single player)