By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii unofficially surpasses Gamecube life to date sales

Only 21,498 units away according to figures ending on the 9th.   Wii sold an average of over 63,884 per day last week.  This means on the 10th of Febuary, 2008, Wii unofficially passed the Gamecube life to date worldwide total sales.

Congratulations Nintendo.   

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

An important milestone down, now, onto the 64!

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

can't wait for the day wii passes NES

what sold more, the 64 or the original xbox?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

The N64 sold more then the Xbox did.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

^ N64 sold more..

Nice!

Can you hear that??? Is the sound of the suddenly death of the Wii... all the GC owners have bought it, the fad is over, tomorrow starts the PS3 domination...

Nah, j/k... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Hm... I wonder Crazyman's take on this. The system still has a lot of Smashboys and kartboys to pick up. And I think there are probably millions of grandmothers and soccer moms who haven't got it yet. Even by his standards, this system should sell a lot more.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Hm... I wonder Crazyman's take on this. The system still has a lot of Smashboys and kartboys to pick up. And I think there are probably millions of grandmothers and soccer moms who haven't got it yet. Even by his standards, this system should sell a lot more.

His prediction is roughly 32 million before it stops. There's still plenty of MarioKart fans who are not Mariofans but are Smashfans to pick it up, before it dies. The grandmas who wanted WiiPlay already have it.  Because there's not really much of a shortage...