By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have completed Sonic Lost World and would like to share my thought's

Ronster316 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Ronster316 said:
Just played the 3DS demo.

And all i can say is.......... PLEASE SEGA..!!!! NO MORE SONICS LIKE THIS.

Slow, cumbersome, awkward and just downright average.

I wish to god they would have given us Generations 2 or Adventure 3.

First Sonic game that's available on a platform that i own that i'm NOT going to buy early on.

I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, pains me to say it, but this is an under £10 bargain bin purchase at best.

I loved the 3DS demo actually! I like the increased emphasis on platforming while still being constantly on the move. Perhaps it's just you that is slow and bad at the game?

Some seem to love it, some seem to hate it.

Just seemed very unfliud and disjointed. (gameplay felt very stop-start to me)

When i get it down the line, hopefully the levels improve.

I know what you mean but i think thats just a symptom of exploring a level for the first time. Once you know your way around im sure you would be breezing through the level with the run button down most of the time.

I like how they solved some cronic problems of Sonic gameplay with this game, but i dont like how Sonic lost his identity. The double jump if you dont have a target for homing i think can be used to solve many a death that would happen in the dreamcast era games.

The manual running i think has potencial but should be done the other way around. Sonic should go fast always and we should press the "walk" button for him to go slower when needed. Also the parcore system helps with the "going too fast to react" issue, so theres really no reason to purposely slow Sonic down.

Around the Network

Thanks a lot for your observations. I´m on the fence about getting this game.

By the way, I still couldn´t figure out if you played the 3ds or the WiiU version...

I played the 3DS demo version.  It was fun.  I may pick that one up when my gaming activity is slow.

Was enjoying it up until critter count hit 3000 to unlock the next stage. Does Sega expect me to grind levels or am i doing something wrong?

RolStoppable said:
Panama said:
Was enjoying it up until critter count hit 3000 to unlock the next stage. Does Sega expect me to grind levels or am i doing something wrong?

How about going to the circus? Surely there is at least one world where you got 5/20 red rings, plus the circus usually respawns after completing one or two levels. I never had problems to meet the thresholds by just playing every level normally and visiting each unlocked circus only once. By the way, a good run on the circus can net you 1,000+ animals.

DERP.

I never actually tried out the circus tents. If you can get 1000 animals then yeah that just about explains it. Thanks. I really need to stop rushing through my games.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Xxain said:
By the way kn the 3DS version. Dont let the first 2 zones fool you. It agreeably the worse version by a margin.

Elaborate!

The 3DS version known to be bad. Dont let the first zone full Zone fool you

- Horrible level design due to extension of levels without ideas to back them up. So you will spend long amount of time doing the same thing over and over again. The later half of game is notorious for 20 minute plus levels. Frozen Factory is notorious for 20 minutes of nothing but rolling snowballs into holes to unlock progress. The game design starts becoming puzzleish at the end

- Wisp are implemented into this game... horribly. Many levels have parts dedicated to being wisp which your job is to complete certain task as wisp and only a wisp. If you fail to collect power up containers to refill your meter.. you have to start all over again(first half) or you just die( this is second half). These parts are not short and simple. They can take a qaurter of the level and in second half are conveniently and last quarter.

- This has the absolute worst special stages. This Blue sphere in space where control... with the gyroscope! That means in order to play them properly you have to get up and turn left right up down and all around. Alot of players report getting sick from playing special stages

Enough with wanting the 3DS version.

I kind of stopped playing it after I died in the sandy side scrolling level with the huge worms coming up. I don't know what it is but there is nothing that kept me wanting to play more but will give it another go later I suppose

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(