By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have completed Sonic Lost World and would like to share my thought's

RolStoppable said:
Xxain said:

Run up a wall vertical then press the jump button with the left or right tilt and Sonic will start to wall vault. You can only do it like times though and wnen at the edge he flings himself around the wall.  I want to say Dusty Desert act(whatever is the first tunnel level) requires you to use the use this. How did you get that one?

I actually got the bomb to work on tropical coast.. by luck. I dont think it was 5 just 3. I might have done just the first version of that type. 

In the first tunnel level I picked up a green wisp, then double-jumped to the side to line up myself with the corridor between the walls and zipped through it with the green wisp. In the second tunnel level I jumped to the right wall right after picking up the red ring and then double-jumped to the far left; Sonic grabbed on to the ledge of one of the icy platforms that are located there. Took a lot of tries, but I got it to work eventually. I had managed to wall-jump my way into the second corridor down there before, but at the end of it there's a situation that absolutely requires a wall-run around a corner.

And yes, there are several bomb missions.

Very resourceful. I was adament about the missions at first but as Red Rings drained my patience I forgot about them. I dont think I care enough to do them anymore.

Around the Network

I played the demo and i gotta say that the controls really arent the problem in this game. The problem is the game is forgettable.

I want them to try these controls with cooler levels like the ones in Sonic adventure 2/Sonic heroes/ sonic 06 (minus bugs and terrible camera).
The biggest problem of Sonic lost world is that its forgettable. Theres no interesting plot or interesting characters.

Just compare the trailers for Sonic lost world:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU

to the trailer from Sonic 06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCc32P672_0

Yes, Sonic 06 ended up beeing a bug filled mess with terrible camera bordering the unplayable. But tell me, if you didnt know that now, wich one of those two games would you want to play based on those trailers? Sonic 06 has better graphics, cooler characters and a plot you want to care about.
I miss the finer points of Sonic adventure/Sonic 06 that got washed away with a game that was rushed and unplayable. It made it look like everything about it was bad, when not everything was.

If they want Sonic to sell again they have to go back to that style, without the terrible bugs and camera, but keeping the cool feel of the characters and the storyline.

That or beat us up with the nostalgia hammer and make a 2D series of Sonic again. Generations proved that can be done aswell. But Mario also proves you can have a good 2D and 3D series.

Nem said:

I played the demo and i gotta say that the controls really arent the problem in this game. The problem is the game is forgettable.

I want them to try these controls with cooler levels like the ones in Sonic adventure 2/Sonic heroes/ sonic 06 (minus bugs and terrible camera).
The biggest problem of Sonic lost world is that its forgettable. Theres no interesting plot or interesting characters.

Just compare the trailers for Sonic lost world:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU

to the trailer from Sonic 06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCc32P672_0

Yes, Sonic 06 ended up beeing a bug filled mess with terrible camera bordering the unplayable. But tell me, if you didnt know that now, wich one of those two games would you want to play based on those trailers? Sonic 06 has better graphics, cooler characters and a plot you want to care about.
I miss the finer points of Sonic adventure/Sonic 06 that got washed away with a game that was rushed and unplayable. It made it look like everything about it was bad, when not everything was.

If they want Sonic to sell again they have to go back to that style, without the terrible bugs and camera, but keeping the cool feel of the characters and the storyline.

I agree with your message. I miss the Anime/Manga Sonic too. SEGA is terrified of the adventure era Sonic. Everyting they have done since colors like tone, writing, story, firing of old VA's is to distance Sonic away from that. 

Sounds like the 3DS version might be better then. You actually get an extra life every 100 rings!

Guess I dodged the bullet on this one since I didn't buy it due to poor reviews lol. Maybe when it's dirt cheap.

Around the Network

Just played the 3DS demo.

And all i can say is.......... PLEASE SEGA..!!!! NO MORE SONICS LIKE THIS.

Slow, cumbersome, awkward and just downright average.

I wish to god they would have given us Generations 2 or Adventure 3.

First Sonic game that's available on a platform that i own that i'm NOT going to buy early on.

I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, pains me to say it, but this is an under £10 bargain bin purchase at best.

Ronster316 said:

First Sonic game that's available on a platform that i own that i'm NOT going to buy early on.

I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, pains me to say it, but this is an under £10 bargain bin purchase at best.

I loved the 3DS demo actually! I like the increased emphasis on platforming while still being constantly on the move. Perhaps it's just you that is slow and bad at the game?

By the way kn the 3DS version. Dont let the first 2 zones fool you. It agreeably the worse version by a margin.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Ronster316 said:

I loved the 3DS demo actually! I like the increased emphasis on platforming while still being constantly on the move. Perhaps it's just you that is slow and bad at the game?

Some seem to love it, some seem to hate it.

Just seemed very unfliud and disjointed. (gameplay felt very stop-start to me)

When i get it down the line, hopefully the levels improve.

Xxain said:
By the way kn the 3DS version. Dont let the first 2 zones fool you. It agreeably the worse version by a margin.

Elaborate!