By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft seeing Xbox shortages in U.S.

ssj12 said:
sadly.. i doubt this "shortage" will last as M$ has the production factories to increase the amount they can produce versus last year.

Why is it sad that there won't be any shortages?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
madskillz said:
He's right. Walk into any store and you'll see one console in plentiful supply - PS3 40gbs. Everything else - is pretty much sold out.

no sorry, you will see all the latest skus of the PS3 and 360 with the nasty green 360 cluttering most of the bottom of the shelves. I'd consider getting another 360 but I would never touch that nasty green glob.

LoL!! xD

kingofwale said:
is Microsoft pulling a "Nintendo"? ;)

With about 6 Halo "Limited" edition xbox360 still sitting in the store, it's very hard for me to believe 360 is on short supply.

You mean selling more than their competitors combined, right?

It seems very odd that this shortage occurred because sales are so very low for the Xbox 360. Sure, there maybe 10K units per week above what MS may have expected, but are you seriously telling me that they couldn't come up 60,000 units over the first couple of months of 08?

This will hurt the 360's sales over the long term.

One hopes that they are doing this in preparation of a GPU shrink on its way. Otherwise, it's just stupid.

Since there are no rumors of a 65 or even an 80nm Xenos, I'm inclined to believe it is the latter.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hopefully their NPD numbers won't be down too much in January because of the shortages.

Around the Network

Such is life. Sounds like the underestimated demand pure and simple. In modern "Just in Time" supply chains this can happen often. I would rather see it undermanufactured then over manufactured... My BestBuy has dust on PS3 boxes and it isn't warehouse dust. It's air dust from sitting in the store so long. How come cleaners don't deal with that? Must be paid 360 fanboys.

Legend11 said:
Hopefully their NPD numbers won't be down too much in January because of the shortages.

We should know for sure in about 90 minutes, or even earlier if Matt spills the beans again early.

Its official, Matt of IGN has the NPD numbers and just posted this:

"For the month, Wii was the winner. Barely. Guess who was number two? I'll give you a hint: It wasn't Microsoft. Indeed, 360 was technically the worst seller of the month, although the race is close.

Matt"

rocketpig said:
ssj12 said:
sadly.. i doubt this "shortage" will last as M$ has the production factories to increase the amount they can produce versus last year.

Why is it sad that there won't be any shortages?

I was meaning the sadly part as sarcasm... I was defending the point that they have the facilities to up the supply as much as they want. They could flood their warehouses with 40 million consoles by the end of the year if they wish.So really its not a shortage, its just them not realizing that typically when a console gets cheaper it sells better then the last year. Just inexperience in the market, thats all.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Consumers choosing not to buy a particular model of 360 doesn't mean that the 360 is in a "shortage." It's Microsoft's fault for having 238942384726 SKUs, Not the market's.