By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Installing Xbox One Games Takes Way Too Long

Turkish said:
God do the mods not realize how kowenicki derailed the entire thread? So typical of him, downplay this gargantuan advantage of PS4, focus on something else and praise it because the xBone apparently does better... BECAUSE THE FEATURE IS NOT FUCKING AVAILABLE ON THE PS4 YET

It seems like kowenicki gets a free pass to troll anytime he wants. I hope MODs do the right thing here and ban him. 

Around the Network
9087 said:
Turkish said:
God do the mods not realize how kowenicki derailed the entire thread? So typical of him, downplay this gargantuan advantage of PS4, focus on something else and praise it because the xBone apparently does better... BECAUSE THE FEATURE IS NOT FUCKING AVAILABLE ON THE PS4 YET

It seems like kowenicki gets a free pass to troll anytime he wants. I hope MODs do the right thing here and ban him. 

It is ridicilous. I left this thread a few hours ago and I come to read the thread, hoping to find good discussion, what do I find? Everyone falling for kowenickis bait, entire thread is offtopic and talks standby times and other things, one xbox fan chimes in and brings up the XMB. And the worst part? No one realized whats going on.

enditall727 said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Dat moment when you realize PS4 is on average 30x faster than Xbone at installing.

ouch

Can you start up your ps4 and tell me how long it takes for you to be signed in and start playing a game from the previous day save  for me please?

takes 15 seconds on the ONE. 

Genuine question.

4:30 and 7:30

That seems pretty conclusive.  PS4 for whatever reason is faster by a decent amount, I'm assuming because One has more things it's attempting to run.

Turkish said:

I just don't know how he has the stamina to put up with this in every thread.  In the words of the great Ron Burgundy, "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed."

kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
kupomogli said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Cerny fantastic feature Play & Install.

Hows that standby mode working out?  Far more relevant in my opinion.  This is a one time problem.  Starting up and waiting for every play thereafter is an every time problem. 

I can say xbox on and be signed in and playing the game from exactly where I left it off the night before in about 15 seconds. 

Since standby mode boot is far more relevant to you, you might be interested that the PS4 wakes from standby much quicker than the Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEjdTn7LAQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=540

ffs, do people read threads?

I was cofusing standby with a feature PS4 doesnt have yet.  suspend/resume.

I replied to you didn't I, so I atleast read to page two.  While the PS4 doesn't have the suspend and resume feature yet, I expect you to say it doesn't matter that PS4 loads faster there either once it's finally patched in.  Just like the install times which mattered when they were on the PS3 but don't now because they're on the Xbox One.

Lol. Clocked. 

Another hilarious reversal this gen. Now it's the PS fans bragging about install times and the Xbox fans backtracking to say it's no big deal. This is so fun to watch :P 

Around the Network

I think its pretty clear that these installs are merely a by-product of MS changing their policies late in the game due to the internet's bitching, and all launch and near-launch games needing to be extensively patched as a result.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kowenicki said:
Option- said:
kowenicki said:
Option- said:
So why should I buy the XO? Entertainment system lacks, games look worse, kinect still doesnt work, snap feature sucks (heard that 50hz60hz fail in europe?), games are polluted with microtransactions.

But oh, it recognise me when I hold the controller. Truly a 'system from the future'.

You dont have a clue what you are talking about.  not a clue.

Enterntainment aspects of ONE are far superior to PS4.  Want music? buy music unlimited... its your only option.

Games "look" worse?  subjective.   Once again resolution isnt all.

Kinect works very well indeed

Snap feature is shit hot.  You are confusingit with something else.  Snap isnt just for TV... far from it.

Which games?  Forza?  so is GT6.

Thanks.

Games are looking worse indeed. Check out DF.

Kinect will work after several updates, i´m sure, but apparently it´s broken rigth now or  haven´t you watched the polygon (750.000$) stream?

Watching tv while playing could be nice but doesn´t work in europe well, too.

The CD MP3 DVD  block on ps4  will hopefully be fixed, ok :(

killzone hasn´t got, unlike ryse, any MT.

Thanks.

so you ignore snap, dont worry... I know why... you havent a clue what it is or does.

Havin a splitscreen for skype, tv, inet browsing etc. is nice indeed, but wont  give me the thrills like the second Last of us or 1080p AC 4 will do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rwoqfhw_6Y

I would be EXTREMELY upset if it took me 30 minutes to install a game like it takes XboxOne to install Ryse! This is extremely unacceptable in the 8th generation.

RG3Hunna said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rwoqfhw_6Y

I would be EXTREMELY upset if it took me 30 minutes to install a game like it takes XboxOne to install Ryse! This is extremely unacceptable in the 8th generation.

Yup.

Seems like theyre going backwards, instead of forward. 

I wonder if the ddr3 memory has something to do with the slow installs on the x1

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3