By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft squeezes '$28' out of each XBox One

kowenicki said:
Wagram said:

That's a really stupid thing to say. You think executives, or especially stockholders don't care about these things?

You clearly dont understand loss leaders, synergies and cross fertilisation of product brands.  But thats fine.

That is only true as long as you don't have a (growing) group of influential stockholders having a different opinion. As long as Gates/Ballmer/Allen were fully behind their latest pet, all attempts at stockholder meetings to shut doen XBox (and those have existed since day 1) were shot down with a 99% "no" vote. That is no longer the case, and XBox can no longer just throw money around as they wish.

Around the Network

If I remember correctly MS said they weren't taking a loss and breaking even on each console sold and Sony said one game sale made them break even for each console.

I didn't realize the DRAM was nearly as expensive as the Kinect itself - well according to this. Microsoft must really believe in it.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!