By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Shadow Fall is the best looking launch title

Aldro said:

Here's the post below: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91351048&postcount=31

He is the same person who wrote the "Digital Foundry VS Ryse" article.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91350700&postcount=28

Appears that Guerrilla Games has crafted the better looking launch title while running at a higher framerate, resolution and a more open ended game overall. Wow.

Don't forget the original Richard Leadbetter opinion on the subject:

Around the Network
gmcmen said:
Euphoria14 said:
gmcmen said:

He goes on to say in another post both are equally impressive and he's unsure which looks better they both have there strong points, i think ryse has better art and it look better to me, but who cares anyway ps4 would run ryse 1080p at 30 fps rock solid easily, it just more powerful hardware.

No he does not. He says both stand at the top. Killzone is best looking on PS4 and Ryse is the best looking on XBone and that each have their pros and cons. He does not insinuate at that he doesn't know which looks better.

That doesn't mean both aren't impressive and that both are on the top of the hill. Also him saying both are on top can easily just be him stating that each is on top of their current console class, which is clearly implied by the sentence immediate following that.

We only have one statement to state which he believes looks best and that is the one in the OP.

in the orginal article, he wrote if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91356766&postcount=126

your probably right but then he posts this there both on top and they both have there negatives and postives.

He does think that^. Period :D

Ryse is definetly second and best for X1 :)

globalisateur said:
Aldro said:

Here's the post below: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91351048&postcount=31

He is the same person who wrote the "Digital Foundry VS Ryse" article.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91350700&postcount=28

Appears that Guerrilla Games has crafted the better looking launch title while running at a higher framerate, resolution and a more open ended game overall. Wow.

Don't forget the original Richard Leadbetter opinion on the subject:

Indeed, another DF guy indicating KZ is ahead.

Euphoria14 said:
gmcmen said:
Euphoria14 said:
gmcmen said:

He goes on to say in another post both are equally impressive and he's unsure which looks better they both have there strong points, i think ryse has better art and it look better to me, but who cares anyway ps4 would run ryse 1080p at 30 fps rock solid easily, it just more powerful hardware.

No he does not. He says both stand at the top. Killzone is best looking on PS4 and Ryse is the best looking on XBone and that each have their pros and cons. He does not insinuate at that he doesn't know which looks better.

That doesn't mean both aren't impressive and that both are on the top of the hill. Also him saying both are on top can easily just be him stating that each is on top of their current console class, which is clearly implied by the sentence immediate following that.

We only have one statement to state which he believes looks best and that is the one in the OP.

in the orginal article, he wrote if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91356766&postcount=126

your probably right but then he posts this there both on top and they both have there negatives and postives.

Yes, that is the post I am talking about. That can easily be interpreted as him saying that each are at the top of their respective console's launch titles.

The quote from the article is what it is, but it kind of loses any and all sense of it's intended meaning since he gives us what seems to be the only definitive statement he has given thus far, which is where he says outright that he puts Killzone above Ryse.

As of now that is the only definitive statement from him.

i have known this poster on neogaf, for 10+ years, glad to see DF took him in, always regarded his opinion  highly since he's very unbiased and knows his stuff. i'm sure killzone is more techically impressive but ryse just looks better to me.

I pretty much agree with Tuscan. It's a shame that neither game is really all that great for how beautiful they look. Though the critics seem to think that Killzone is not nearly as bad of a game as Ryse is. However, after reading all of the comments from a certain someone in another thread I can't help but laugh right now.

Around the Network

Is it really necessarily to make this whole thread about Selnor?

JoeTheBro said:

He was arguing with anyone saying that Ryse wasn't the best looking console launch title and from this stating that M$ had won the graphics war and that Halo 5 and Quantum Break (Remedy Game) would definitely be the best looking games next year.

Munkeh111 said:
JoeTheBro said:

He was arguing with anyone saying that Ryse wasn't the best looking console launch title and from this stating that M$ had won the graphics war and that Halo 5 and Quantum Break (Remedy Game) would definitely be the best looking games next year.

The point of this thread is that we are arguing about another person's opinion and whether it is more important than ours?????

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
The point of this thread is that we are arguing about another person's opinion and whether it is more important than ours?????

A thread was started "Ryse Son of Rom - the Digital Foundry" something (I can't see the rest in my side bar) basically saying that they said Ryse is the best looking console launch title. This is the response