By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How knowledgable is the Gaming guy/girl at the store near you?

@izaaz101

yeah, I was trying to bait him into explain his stuff, I knew he has no clue what he's talking about. lol

I love the "Microsoft created Samus", I probably hit the person too. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@Sensei: Do you mean UT3 is not out on 360 yet or not coming out at all? If you mean at all then http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/746/746631.html it's coming out and GameStop has those boxes out so people will preorder the game, if he thought it was out already he probably got PS3 and 360 confused.

On topic: My store is so-so our manager is really dumb about games, I specialize in Wii along with action, puzzle, strategy, adventure, and fighting games, the assistant manager knows a lot about PS3, RPGs, action, adventure, and just about any nitch title you can think of, and 3rd in line knows a lot about 360, sports, FPS, fighting, and just about anything you can have a competition with, the rest of them only know a little and are the ones that work there for a little while and eventually quit.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

souixan said:
I once had an argument about Metroid Prime with a Gamestop employee. He insisted that Metroid Prime was going to appear on Xbox and that Microsoft made Samus. I almost hit him seriously...

That me remind me of a Metroid Prime 3 story. I had pre-ordered the game, and called the day after it shipped, to see if they had got it in, and if they didn't, when they expected it. He's like "Metroid Prime 3....what's that coming out on, the xbox?" I just hung up. I didn't have the energy to argue. Turns out it came later that day, and the guy working there, at that time, knew exactly what I was talking about.

pretty knowledgable. the only thing ive ever heard somebody say that i wanted to hit them was a gamestop employee told me that the ps3 could not output HD because Sony was "stupid" and put the wrong cables in the box. I told him i was running my ps3 via HDMI, he had no clue what HDMI was, and I said its a High Definition cable, he asked me if it came in my ps3 box, i told him no, and he told me that i just voided my warrenty then and he had no clue what i was doing using different cables that didn't come in the box.

not knowing HDMI is pretty dumb, enough my mom (who knows nothing about anything) surprised me the other day when she told me she knew what cable I use for my PS3.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network

Their ok.... Most of them seem to be pro Sony and MS. They do nothing but bash the wii. It also seems no matter what their age is, they all still live with their parents.

@Soriku

or.. they are all fanboys/girls but choose to remain professional?

I can't think of anybody not being biased in any way. Trust me, TV guys are biased toward Sony and Sumsung and Cellphone guys are toward Nokia. lol

selnor
Episode 2:
chriscox1121 said:
Their ok.... Most of them seem to be pro Sony and MS. They do nothing but bash the wii. It also seems no matter what their age is, they all still live with their parents.

wow, way to lose your credibility in 1 post.

do you actually expect us to believe you went and asked their living arrangement? 

selnor
Episode 2:

On the whole they're alright, but I overheard an employee at my local Best Buy telling his customer that the 40gb ps3 only plays Blu-Ray, and not DVD. :|

The customer still bought one, too!

Why so serious..... Just an assumption... Notice the text that i typed "seemed". But, now that you mentioned it...I talk to quite a few of them, which are really nice guys. And yes, they have mentioned it in their conversation at some point, about their "living arrangements" as you call it.