By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How educated are consumers? How can this affect sales?

More crazy stories, please!

Around the Network

Also Maxwell , your link , it doesn't prove anything. A guy tested his 90 PS2 games , so what? There is over 1500 , the fatc is 80% work total , you can't get 90 out and test them.

PSN NAME : CommonCriminal

Now Playing : The Orange Box , Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

KH3 Bet :

"I, Badonkadonkhr, risk 1 week ban by claiming KH3 will be Sony exclusive, if I am found wrong, I will also start a thread praising those who were right"

Ahhh lemme think, well I've had a lot of people come in the store that thought the GBA movies were video games, some wanting to buy our Gamboy color or regular Gameboy games and they only had a DS, also had this one woman buy a street fighter game for herself when she wanted a puzzle game. Most other stories involve people asking for the Wii.

One thing is how so many people asked for a Wii, we told them they could go ahead and buy it with the rain check system, they said "naw I'll keep looking" then after the rain check deal was off these same people came up and asked for Wii's and we told them how they could have had one if they just went ahead and bought it... The assistant manager he's really funny, he said the next person he sees that asks for a Wii he's going to reply "Do you have any Wiis?" to kinda throw them off cause they wouldn't expect it. We also had plans of buying airsoft guns for the annoying customers, if they ask for a Wii we say "one moment" duck behind the counter and pop back up with a airsoft gun and shoot them till they either leave or get the picture that we don't have Wiis.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Badonkadonkhr said:
Also Maxwell , your link , it doesn't prove anything. A guy tested his 90 PS2 games , so what? There is over 1500 , the fatc is 80% work total , you can't get 90 out and test them.

Your words don't prove anything either, I got lots of people who told me the BC on PS3 80GB is no where near what it was on their 60GB, they also sold their 80GB for that reason, or sought a 60GB.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

kingofwale said:
izaaz101 said:
kingofwale said:
>but just about every buyer is shocked when I tell them about no BC for the newer PS3's.

Yeah, I'm shocked too, are you saying 80GB PS3 has no BC?

Are you saying that the 80GB PS3 is the the newer PS3?

It's definitely not the older PS3, so yes,it is the newer PS3.

Note. there's a difference between "newer" and "newest"

I'm curious to know if you have the newer Nintendo console, the Gamecube? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

^ haha that's a great post, what's your thoughts on consumers? I haven't seen you on this forum yet so I was wondering...

I think it's a pretty stark dichotomy between savvy and ignorant. With PC buyers, for instance, you have everything from people who have been working in the industry their whole lives to people who barely know what the power button does, and all the shades of gray in between.

With video games, I have not seen that many people between "barely know anything" and "know most things but aren't completely up to date". But I don't work in retail so I'm sure someone else would be better able to tell me if my impression is correct.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

It's true, there are the moderates but that's the huge minority, at least where I work, most people know a lot or know nothing, though even knowledgeable people don't know everything due to either not having the money to TRY everything or just miscommunications their sources be it people or magazines or sites like IGN.

You know it funny. Because a women didn't know whether to purchasea GBA SP for her son or the DS. She didn't know the difference between the two

When the woman asked the sales person what the price was he had to go check until I stopped him and told him that they were 130.
He had a hard time bringing up the facts of the DS so I just went ahead and told the facts for him. Like the Backwards capability one of the screens is touch screen and so forth.

@Ds I've had to do that many times for the people that work at Wal-mart cause none of them even play video games, most big corporations that don't focus on one type of product, usually can't give you informative information on the specific thing you want, that's why it's usually best to go to, GameStop, EB Games, Game n Play, or a local game store, for games, Home Depot and Lowes for supplies and such, and avoid stores that have broad selections like Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy sometimes, I've had a few good experiences with Target, and nearly no help at Best Buy, actually had the best computer help ever from Staples, which I didn't expect.

So I guess the best way for consumers to shop is to go to informed people.