By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3D World Impressions (Updated)

Eh, not really spoilers. We knew there would be 8 worlds (no idea on the names on the last 2 tho).

I'm at Castle World er Castle. Think I'm good for now, need to study and write a paper. ;p

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

Super Mario 3D World...awesome game go and buy it!!

34 years playing games.

Gosh ! I give up.

I am trying to save some money and would wait until my "13th salary" to come (its a kind of end-year compensation workers in Brazil with regular jobs recieve) on Dec 15th, but I give up

I´m rushing on Saturday to get this game. And Zelda A Link Between words. Gotta take some bucks from my savings account still TODAY.

The hype is just...killing me...

Rogerioandrade said:

Gosh ! I give up.

I am trying to save some money and would wait until my "13th salary" to come (its a kind of end-year compensation workers in Brazil with regular jobs recieve) on Dec 15th, but I give up

I´m rushing on Saturday to get this game. And Zelda A Link Between words. Gotta take some bucks from my savings account still TODAY.

The hype is just...killing me...

You're doing the right thing.  This game is more important that air. 

What happens when there is too much hype

Buy it before the hype eats you!

Around the Network

At Bowser's Castle on final World. Man did the difficulty go up a notch these last 2 Worlds (nothing crazy tho).

Can't wait for the Special Stages!

I see your miiverse posts, d21lewis!

I'm not blown away right away like Galaxy did, but it does feel about as strong as, say, Galaxy 2 right off the bat. They really learned the lessons from what held back 3D Land, down to the difficulty (early stages aren't too difficult still, but the difficulty increments are at least noticeable by midway through world 2 and early world 3. That first ghost house was legitimately tough first time through)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I see your miiverse posts, d21lewis!

I'm not blown away right away like Galaxy did, but it does feel about as strong as, say, Galaxy 2 right off the bat. They really learned the lessons from what held back 3D Land, down to the difficulty (early stages aren't too difficult still, but the difficulty increments are at least noticeable by midway through world 2 and early world 3. That first ghost house was legitimately tough first time through)

...I'm so childish!

I love the game so far.

Looks REALLY nice. Feels just right. Really dig the cat suit and double cherry. The music remixes are pretty damn awesome especially the remix of the princess peach slide and a few of the SMB2 songs. The games exclsuive songs are where it truly shines though.

Certainly one of my favorite Mario games.

Does the Gamepad have any special/important use for the game?